Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Lifewanderer

T41p Wireless connection problem

My wireless does not connect to wireless router.  Ihave followed trouble shooting tips to no avail.

The wireless fails to associate with the wireless router.

I have double checked the router config , the WEP Keys (even tried WPA).

The wireless detects the router when using Access Conections.  I do not have wireless in network connections.  What is there keeps telling me the network cable is unplugged.  Well the ethernet card is working fine.

Any ideas anyone.

Paper Tape
Lifewanderer

Re: T41p Wireless (WEP/WPA) Connection issues

Sorry here is better info on the problem.

My client is using a 2373-315  T41p Ibm Think pad with a 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter

The OS is W2K

The Wireless Router is a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband Router BEFW11S4 ver 4

The Router has all current upgrades

the OS has all current upgrades, patches etc

the Thinkpad has all current upgrades, BIOS is current, all drivers are current from the Lenovo site.

I tried accessing the wireless without using WEP or WPA this morning.  Everything connects up just fine.

When I try using WEP or WPA this is where the issues start, the wirless card fails to associate.

All the passkeys have been checked and rechecked and all the settings have been checked an rechecked on both the router and the PCI adapter.

For now I have a huge password guarding the Admin feature on the Router.  I am also restricting access to select wireless mac addresses (the thinkpad and his wireless printer) .  I do not like leaving this only half secure.

He crashed his laptop so had to reinstall the OS.  Everything worked fine before the crash, the wireless printer works fine on the network rightnow.

I have searched for any bug issues, hardware issues and incompatibilities between the items via the internet, manufacturer websites. 

I am out of ideas and am hoping someone here has come across this issue before to give me some fresh ideas.

Blue Screen Again
ibmguy

I've just started troubleshooting this problem on two Thinkpads (T500: 2081-CT0 and T61: 6465-CTO). They both have the Lenovo LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter, WinXP SP3 and all updates.

The problem started with a new laptop (T500) I setup for a friend last week at a remote location. It worked fine there but did not use a WEP connection.

It was installed in their home 2 days ago where they have a Linksys WRT54G Router with WEP enabled. They couldn't connect using the WEP profile I setup on the laptop. I connected to them remotely and re-created the WEP profile. Some times it would connect to the Router, some times it wouldn't. The Router showed the laptop connected in the DHCP table.

Even when it connected and received an IP configuration, it would not connect to the Internet. I discovered that I could not ping the Router either.

If I turn off WEP, it works fine.

Strangely enough, I then turned on my laptop (T61) that hadn't been on the network in a couple of weeks and I had the EXACT same problem (Linksys WRT54G2). Some times it would connect, some times it wouldn't. Even when it did, I could not ping the Router.

I'm thinking some Microsoft patch has uncovered some flaw in the adapter's driver.
T61 6465-CTO
IdeaCentre K410
What's DOS?
cntaylor490

Has anything more been found out about thisproblem?  I have a Lenovo T61 that used to work with a router but now will not work as long as WEP is enabled.
Paper Tape
mhHarrop

Re: T41p Wireless connection problem

I had thinkaccess connection problems too on a T41.

Think access claimed the driver for the Intel Pro wireless LAN 2100 3B adapter needed to be updated. 

I updated to the latest driver  but also updated Think access connections with the 22-12- 2008 version of the software.

Now it won't work because  Thinkaccess tells me it requires verion 1.2.0.56 of the intel driver. The only problem is that I already have the latest version of hte driver (which is 1.2.5.37). The one thinkaccess calls for does not exist.

I'm going to post this as a new  problem