Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Quinn

T420 Screen Resolution Change Issue

My T420 laptop is capable of 1600 X 900 screen resolution. After changing the resolution temporarily to 1024 X 768,

I tried to change it back a couple of hours later to 1600 X 900. However, now I do not even see 1600 X 900 as an option.

The highest option is its' current setting of 1024 X 768. Can someone tell me how I can get the 1600 X 900 resolution to show up

again as an option so I can change the screen resolution back to its' factory setting? I do not know what could have happened

except for maybe a windows update took place before I attempted to change the screen resolution back. Any help

would be greatly appreciated.  

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: T420 Screen Resolution Change Issue

hey Quinn,

welcome to the forums. could you check the graphic card version on your unit and compare it to the version available on http://support.lenovo.com .

is it the same or is the one on the support site ? If both of it is the same, uninstall the graphic driver from your unit and then download the driver from our support site.

do not install it yet, set your unit to diagnostic mode via msconfig first and then only install.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
sbourdon_nl

Re: T420 Screen Resolution Change Issue

Hi,

Did you find a fix for your problem? I have exactly the same issue. I've spent some time trying to upgrade the driver, but I didn't make any progress?

Thanks in advance if you can share any idea/suggestion!

Cheers,

Stephane.