Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Miba

T420 - Slow wireless connection

[ Edited ]

Hi

I just got my new Thinkpad T420 a couple of days ago now, but the wireless network / internet connection is bugging me.

I am unable to obtain anything higher than ~60kb/s, just occasionally it will land on 800kb/s for a brief second and then return to 60kb/s. Our internet connection should allow the T420 to download with 1MB/s, but settles at those 60kb/s.

I have already tried to download every update through Lenovo's System Update 4 and Microsoft Update. I have also tried to download the drivers for the T420's wireless network card:

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

Connecting the T420 to a wired connection makes it go at the 1MB/s that it should do with wireless connection too.

I am really clueless about what to do with this situation.

Paper Tape
kevmitch

Re: T420 - Slow wireless connection

What kind of router do you have? Have you tested other machines/wireless cards with the same router? Are they also 11n cards? What about trying the machine with different routers (i.e., take the t420 to a coffee shop and see if the same thing happens there). Take a look in your router settings. In particular see if enabling/disabling 11n functionality (if it has it) helps at all.
Paper Tape
kevmitch

Oh, and you might want to check if there are any wireless powersaving options on the machine itself.
What's DOS?
rfurtado

Similar problem...

Internet should be up to 45Mbps download, Other computers are getting close to that ranging from 42-44Mbps, but the Lenovo T420 never gets over 28Mbps.

- Wirelss Adapter setting already in "Maximum Performance". 

- Since it's my company's computer, I cannot remove Access Connections

- Device Manager: driver is up to date. 802.11 for band 2.4 and 5.2 are "Auto". I enabled the Ad Hoc QoS Mode, but it made no difference.

Any other ideas?