Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
traders999

T420 Wifi Led light not turned on

[ Edited ]

I have a lenovo t420, and I notice that my WiFI led light on the bottom of the LCD panel is not lighted when i have my wireless on... My bluetooth led light works fine. I tried to switch both my Lenovo Access Connection and the switch button but nothing works? any idea ?

Punch Card
Iucounu

Re: T420 Wifi Led light not turned on

It's probably broken.  I'd call for support.

802.11n
CorkyG

[ Edited ]
Do you have the master Wi-Fi slide switch ON? Then, is the Fn+F5 power switch on? Both have to be on for Wi-Fi to functikon.
Paper Tape
traders999

My wifi is working fine..only problem is the LED light

Paper Tape
Panxter

Having almost the same problem. But on mine T420 both LEDs stopped working. (Bluetooth & WIFI )

Retired Employee
JameZ

Try to update to the latest BIOS and see if it helps. If still dead then send it for service.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
Panxter

Hi JameZ,

It already has the latest BIOS. Next year I'll try to find an authorized service center, here in Hungary.

Paper Tape
Panxter

Hi JameZ,

It's me again. Yesterday i've noticed, that if the lid's opened less than 90 degree, all the LEDs are working.  I guess this could be a wiring problem, or a broken PCB. Could you please give me some info how it's made? Are the LEDs on a PCB?  Do they have a connector?

Thanks

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Maybe this will help.  Page 96 or so, maybe other pages as well.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad T420 and T420i

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Panxter,

Since the T420 is fairly new (2011 model). I am sure your unit is still in warranty. My advice is to get this sent in to service for them to fix it.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3