08-01-2012 07:58 PM
I have a TP T420 laptop. HDD and Power-on is password protected & Fingerprint protected too. Somehow, I lost track of keeping on the password.
Now I want to replace the Harddisk, will this be possible?
1. If I replace the original HDD with password protected, will my new HDD work and the password will be empty?
2. can I use my original replaced HDD? even I have to format it, it doesn't matter.
3. After replacing with a new hdd, will I still be able to password and fingerprint protect my HDD?
4. Will this affect the Power-On password and finger-print protection?
Hoping to get your expertise here.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-01-2012 08:04 PM
08-01-2012 08:06 PM
08-01-2012 08:08 PM
1. yes, your new HDD will work and it won't have any password (unless you set one).
2. no, not unless you remember what the HDD password for it is
3. yes, you can set a password on the new HDD and then register your fingerprint for it.
4. no, replacing HDD has nothing to do with power-on password.