Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Xemax
Accepted Solution

T420's Bluetooth does not pair or find other devices

Hi,

I have a T420 laptop and the problem is that bluetooth doesn't find other devices to pair with and also if I try to pair with the laptop from other device, it doesn't show the passkey and the connection timeouts.

I'm on Windows 7 and BT driver is 6.5.1.302 and Microsoft BT enumerator 6.1.7601.17607.

I have updated the driver but it doesn't fix it.

Any idea?

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: T420's Bluetooth does not pair or find other devices

Is the device in paring mode?

If the device is paired to another laptop, try to delete the device in another laptop then use the other laptop and see if the device is able to connect to the other laptop properly.
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
What's DOS?
Xemax

The laptop is not paired to other laptop or to other device.

And it looks to be in pairing mode and allowing devices to show this computer.

What's DOS?
Xemax

OK I've found the problem...

I was using a software to virtualize USB ports, and it seems it was catching some devices, among them BT module.

It's solved. Thanks anyway.

Guru
ExJamJus

Interesting .... hmmm ... Thanks for coming back to post this =)
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Paper Tape
Nithan

Hello,

I also face similar issue: T420 laptop windows 7, Microsoft Blue Tooth Enumerator  6.1.7601.17607 and Thinkpad BT 3.0 6.5.1.302 from Broadcom Corporation.  BT setting shows discovery and connections all are check on. But the laptop does not list any active BT devices. However my mobile I can see this computer. But the mobile too failed to pair with it.

I deleted all my paired list and tried the same .. But no luck!

Interestingly I rebooted my system with Ubuntu, In this case my laptop shows my mobile ..!

Any help will be more appreciated ...

--Nathan

What's DOS?
andrefgj

Do you remember the name of the software you uninstalled? I stuck on this, cant find at all any BT device

Guru
ExJamJus

@Nithan and andrefgj,

Seems like there is some software conflicting with the BT driver. Would advice to uninstall any software which might be accessing the BT or the USB ports?

Try doing a system restore (Windows) to the time before the issue happened. If still does not help then do a factory recovery using Rescue & Recovery.
*Non Lenovo employee*