Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
huixingcmp

T420s bad pixel problem

Hi everyone,

I am a long-time thinkpad fan. I just upgraded from T61 to a brand new T420s. However, my excitement is completely flushed by a bad pixel found only few hours afer I received the mechine. The pixel is not very obvious when the screen showed white colour, but is a very annoying red dot when the screen is in black colour.

I knew that lenovo has a two-bad-pixel policy, but that sounds really not fair. Does anyone know what I should do to get the LCD replaced? I am in New York state. Thanks a lot!

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: T420s bad pixel problem

It's actually a three dead pixel policy, so you're really out of luck there.

Have you tried some of the stuck pixel remover programs?

What about gently massaging the pixel?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
huixingcmp

I just contacted Lenovo technical support. After hearing my problem, they immediately created a case number and promise to send a mailbox for me to mail the laptop for replacing the display. It will take about six business days.

In total, I am very satisfied with their service, although it cost me a week more. I do hope they can mail the laptop back to me earlier, as I need to go to a conference next week.

What's DOS?
heff

Let me warn you - I had my new T420 for about a week and noticed a thin line down the screen. They wanted it back with that promised 6 day policy.  After a few days there they said the LCD screen needed replacing - the part was on backorder - and now I have been waiting over a month - and no end in sight - they didn't even e-mail or contact me.

I just want my money back - or a new one...Not happy with Lenovo.

Blue Screen Again
huixingcmp

Heff, did you contact Lenovo again and what is their response? It is definitely NOT acceptable if the replacement is delayed for one month!