Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
durban

Re: T430: Cannot change GPU using NVIDA control panel

After restarting, BIOS changed back to "Optimus". I do not know why? My NVIDIA driver is 296.88.
Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Durban,

Thank you for working with me as we try to get to solution to your problem. I am going to list the drivers you should be at so you can compare to what you have on your system.

This is the current NVIDIA driver:  8.17.12.9688

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029106

This is your current BIOS: 1.20

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029252

Could you please make sure these are the current driver you have and your BIOS is at the current version. If you need to update I suggest you uninstall old driver and then use the link I have added to then reinstalll them.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Paper Tape
durban

Thank you, Hiro.

I installed the NVIDIA driver you suggested and apparently, everything is fine now! I guess I should have installed the one suggested by Lenovo. I thus disabled automatic updating within the NVIDIA control panel.

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Durban,

I am glad it is working and that we have found a solution to your problem. If you have any other questions or problems please come back and post a thread and we will be more then happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!