Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
deli23
Accepted Solution

T430 & T430s - dpc latency query

My first post here...
Has anyone tested the dpc latency on either of these machines. Looking to purchase the t430s and am wondering if anyone has tested this yet. I will be using this machine for dj work so im hoping the results are good. DPC spikes lead to usb dropouts which is what i need to avoid.
Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Re: T430 & T430s - dpc latency query

[ Edited ]

Hello deli23,

I have a T430s and am running  DPC latency checker v1.3.0 if you could give any type of program you run and what way you wanted it tested Iwould be more then happy to test my computer with stated DPC checker for you and post back the results.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Fanfold Paper
deli23

Thanks Hiro,

The program I run is called Serato (this is used in conjunction with a hardware box to communicate to my mixer/turntables) but I am confident this program/hardware will not give any DPC spikes. Some laptps just perform poorly out the box due to poor device drives, bios, etc... and I was wondering whether this laptop has any spikes under normal operating conditions. I will have my wifi and bluetooth switched off and any power saving features will also be disabled. I will remove all antivirus software etc... I will be using the intel native GPU.

I assume you have had no DPC issues with your laptop to date?

Thank you for your prompt response.

Token Ring
Remeniz

[ Edited ]

I use my T410 with a Steinberg MR816 Firewire audio interface so DPC latency is important to me.

DPC is low, in the green, and that's while i'm browsing the internet and stuff. Although when i'm doing audio work I switch off WiFi, just to be safe.

And I haven't had a single glitch or drop out.

So I assume you should be fine with the USB interfaces you use with Serato, on the T430.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
T410(2537) -- i7 620M - Intel HD GPU (1440 x 900) - 8GB RAM - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 250GB Hitachi HDD - Windows 7 & 8 Pro
Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey deli23,

So I ran my T430s the DPC checker and got green across the board with one spike of orange randomly ( 1000us). This is from running random stuff like Pandora,internet videos, and such. I ran your program and it worked fine with green across the board but with a random 1000us orange spike. I hope this can give you a better Idea on if you want to purchase a T430s. If there is anything else I can help you with so you can make a more informed choice let me know.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Fanfold Paper
deli23

Thanks allot guys for your help. Much appreciated. I have bitten the bullet and purchased a t430s.