Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
eric2069
Accepted Solution

T500 DDR3 1333 - Will This Work?

Hi,

I've got a quick and hopfully simply question. 

According to this: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-55644#t

My T500 can support PC3-8500 DDR3-1066 SODIMM. However, the availablity of 1066 DDR3 where I live is virtually non existent, while I can easily purchase a 1333 DDR3. Will it simply work at the lower frequency, or can I expect problems?

Thanks a lot!

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: T500 DDR3 1333 - Will This Work?

[ Edited ]

Crucial's and Kingston's memory finders show both 1066 and 1333 RAM as compatible with the T500.  You should be OK if you stick with a reputable supplier.  Avoid value RAM.

Crucial Memory Advisor results for the Lenovo ThinkPad T500 Series Laptop/Notebook.

I'm running Crucial (1066) in my T400.  There are reports of compatibility problems with our vintage ThinkPads and Corsair RAM.  YMMV.

[edit] This KB may be helpful: Upgrading RAM on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество