Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
cfulton

T500 DVI digital display problems with mini dock

Hi,

I have a Lenovo T500 model 2055CTO running Windows XP SP3.  I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 display, with Driver version 8.563.2.1000 dated 04/01/2009.  My BIOS version/date is 3.01 - 5/15/2009.  My BIOS display settings have the Boot Display Device as Thinkpad LCD with Graphics Device = Discreet.

I have two Planar PE191M displays connected to a 2504 Mini Dock, one in the VGA port and one in the DVI port.  The displays can be connected either digitally or analog.  When I run the ATI Catalyst Control Center, the available display devices shows the Notebook Panel (DDC display), the Analog monitor (PE191M) and the Digital Flat Panel (PE191M).  Even though the Digital Device is listed as available, when I select it, it never works.  It's as if no signal is sent to the display.  I know both the dock and display work, as they work fine when I connect my old T60p to the dock.

I've treied changing the BIOS Graphic Device to Switchable mode which invokes the Intel display device, but this does not work.  I wonder if anyone else has a similar experience, if this is related to the driver or BIOS, and if anyone has any ideas on how to get the digital output to work.

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: T500 DVI digital display problems with mini dock

try using the Omega Catalyst driver (download it off the net). 
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Retired Guru
fmyhr

Hi cfulton,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum :smileyhappy:

The T500 will not drive the dock's DVI port in Intel mode; it must be set to use the ATI GPU.

You can have at most 2 displays active at any time. In order to use the dock's VGA and DVI ports simultaneously, you must first turn off the notebook panel.

Good luck!

-Frank

---------

Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.

Did someone help you?
Say thanks! with a kudo.
Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else. :smileyhappy:
Paper Tape
jeepguru

I know this is an old thread, but I need some help in this area. Hoping someone will pick up and read this.

-Lenovo Thinkpad T500 TYPE 2056-CL8

-mini dock

I have a monitors plugged into the Dock, one via DVI and one via VGA, VGA is working fine. The DVI is not getting detected at all. I need to know the next steps to fixing this issue please. If you need more information such as mother board model or Intel graphics model, please let me know. 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

what if you disconnect the vga port and use the dvi port only, does the LCD get detected.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
nthaifisch

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I have a similar problem with my T61p. I have the dock 2504 and the Quadro FX 570M. WIN7 32bit tells me that my screen via DVI is connected but the screen is still black. I've set up BIOS to VGA+DVI but still only VGA is running.

Is this a dock problem?

Thank you in advance!