Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Loof

T500 Ethernet Controller driver for Windows Server 2003

Hi all.

We just bought a T500 and, as a test, I'm loading Windows Server 2003. We use 2003 for demoing the software that we sell.

Unfortunately I cannot get the Ethernet Controller installed. I've tried both the driver offered on Lenovo's website and the driver on Intel's website. Either way the driver won't stick. It's the Intel 82567 Gigabit Ethernet Controller in question here. Our T500 is the 2055-45U.

In Device Manager, both the Intel and Lenovo supplied drivers won't install. Intel also has an executable installer which gives the error "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer."

I know Windows Server not officially supported on laptops by Lenovo but I have to get this to work.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Loof
What's DOS?
BryanB

Re: T500 Ethernet Controller driver for Windows Server 2003

I am actually having the exact same issue. I have a new T500 that I have restaged with Windows Server 2003 Standard R2, but I cannot get the machine on the network. I contacted Technical Support and they directed me to the Windows XP drivers (don't officially support Windows 2003). I have tried the Windows XP drivers that were provided on Lenovo's website for the Intel Pro/100 Ethernet driver (Support confirmed this was the version of NIC in the laptop) without success. I tried downloading a version of the driver directly from Intel with similar results. The setup claims "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer- no drivers were installed".

Anyone had any luck getting the network drivers installed on a T500 restaged with Windows 2003 Server?

Thanks 

What's DOS?
jodeme

Hello

I have the same issue: can't find the LAN-driver for my T500.

Doe anyone have a solution?

What's DOS?
pkusted200

Hi,

you may not like what solution I used:

Netgear 10/100 mps ethernet PMCIA card $29,99, the PMCIA Ethernet works even the driver is nt compatible., it works, or USB ethernet card$29,99.( even the druver works)

What's DOS?
pkusted200

Hi sorry it was a Belkin USB- Ethernet Card
What's DOS?
jeffp

I found a Solution at:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=70216

comptiger5000 says:

"You have to manually install it. Go into device manager, right click on the ethernet controller, update driver. Tell it you will give it a path, then select to choose from a list. Do a "have disk" and point to the INF file. It's the Intel 82567LM-2 Gigabit adapter."

This worked for me on a W500, Windows Server 2003 Standard R2.