Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Maz009

T500 Win7 64 bit Integrated Camera Not Working

[ Edited ]

I have a T500 64 bit with Win7 Pro. The integrated camera in the device manager has the following error:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I have installed the latest driver from the Lenovo site:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70600.html

And made sure after I installed this driver, the version in device manager is the same: 1.32.500.0

I have also installed Yawcam but it says no device selected when I launch it. It doesnt detect the integrated camera.

Please help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Mazen

What's DOS?
jalaras

Re: T500 Win7 64 bit Integrated Camera Not Working

A bit late but the issue here is you have to install the ThinkVantage Communications Utility. Once I installed that I was able to get my T500's integrated camera working with Skype and not just with the TV Comm Utility's application. Hit the Function F6 button to launch the camera utility.
Paper Tape
narosis

Re: T500 Win7 64 bit Integrated Camera Not Working

did not correct the issue for me, nor did instally easy capture as suggested elsewhere on this site... the key combo Fn-F6 has no effect the only key combination that does anything is Fn-PgUp which only turns on the camera light. Attempting to install the driver for the integrated camera fails silently (dies before completely installing without notice) so I am at a loss, I have been trying to get this working off & on for about 31/2 months to no avail and am about to give up and deal with a USB solution.