Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
drixomanbeta

T500 XP Pro Synaptic Mouse Driver

Hi

It seems that there's some difference in options and functions between the generic Touchpad/TrackPoint driver from Synaptic and the one provided by Lenovo; the generic one seems to have more. I wonder why this is the case, as it seem that all the options in the generic one works fine. So why did some of them got removed by Lenovo? Why didn't Lenovo just kept them and build on top of it?

The only function I desire that I can't get from the generic is the cursor magnifier from Lenovo's but it doesn't seem to be anyway to install that separately.

Version:

Lenovo: 15.3.16.1

Synaptics: 15.2.20

Thanks.

Punch Card
calkenneth

Re: T500 XP Pro Synaptic Mouse Driver

Hi there,

The generic Synaptics driver also seems to be more bug-free than compared to the Lenovo version.  Do you have this problem that I describe with the Lenovo version on your Windows XP setup?

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Touchpad-Trackpoint-weirdness-15-3-16-1/td-...

Serial Port
drixomanbeta

[ Edited ]

Nope...mine seems fine...though mine is from 2009 so maybe it's just the recent make. And I should add that I didn't change any value.

But either way, until Lenovo make the driver fully based on the generic, I am switching to the generic Synaptic; it's just personally more appealing. (I adore functions, even if I never really use them) :smileyhappy: 

Guru
ColonelONeill

Maybe Lenovo didn't license the features because it wasn't in heavy demand. The generic ones don't work with the TrackPoint very well, but if you're exclusively touchpad, then it obviously doesn't matter much.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase