Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
JanFisker

T500 problem startup

My computer behave like this

before i start up my computer has light in AC-power and battery

when i start up, my computer also lights the power on indicator. 

but then i whait  9 whole minutes before the harddisk starts and the computer startup.

from startup the computer acts completly normal.

any clue about the problem?

my thoughts is that it has somthing to do with the bios or the Active protection system?

please help me with this issue 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: T500 problem startup

what is the room temperature in which you are operating the system?

any external USB devices?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Guru
Mornsgrans

If no external USB-device was/is connected:

It might be, that you did a BIOS update or the BIOS contains invalid values.

Go into BIOS, keep the setting in "Config" - "SATA" in your mind, press F9 - F10 - yes, wait 2 soconds and  and turn off the computer.

Turn computer on (the BIOS-splash should appear faster now) and set in BIOS under "Confog"-"SATA" the value you've kept in mind.

If it does not help, remove the BIOS-battery for a few minutes.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Punch Card
radiskull

Are you seeing any splash screens or blinking cursors?  I am sorry if I am having problems visualizing the startup at the moment but does the back light even come on?

I kind of want about as detailed as you could get.  Maybe also take note of anything that may have started recently.  Did your computer blue screen on you recently? 

I tend to agree with the bios issue but I am trying to make sure that there isn't either a loose connection in the lcd (unliklely since you can see the monitor and have yet to report any other visual problems, but Ive seen wierder things happen) or a possible preemptive hard drive failure (again not likely but a fairly comman issue thus the importance of logging errors and doing check disc from time to time.)

Paper Tape
JanFisker

Normal temperature 20 C

only usb device is a wireless mouse from logitech

Paper Tape
JanFisker

radiskull wrote:

Are you seeing any splash screens or blinking cursors?  I am sorry if I am having problems visualizing the startup at the moment but does the back light even come on?

I kind of want about as detailed as you could get.  Maybe also take note of anything that may have started recently.  Did your computer blue screen on you recently? 

I tend to agree with the bios issue but I am trying to make sure that there isn't either a loose connection in the lcd (unliklely since you can see the monitor and have yet to report any other visual problems, but Ive seen wierder things happen) or a possible preemptive hard drive failure (again not likely but a fairly comman issue thus the importance of logging errors and doing check disc from time to time.)

1# nothing on the screen, or any indicators or sounds from the computer

2# no blue screen, but it had an insidense the day it started. the shut down didn't work so the computer restarted and started up with a windows screen. I started up normal mode, but the computer started up in recovery....

Punch Card
radiskull

I doubt it's the mouse thats stopping you from booting, if you wish to try and start it before you boot up then you are more than welcome.  Itd probably the quickest test.

What caused the computer to shutdown incorrectly?

A checkdisk might be in order.  I figure worse case scenario you spend 30 minutes doing it only to find out its a bad sector.

Community Moderator
richk

run the hard drive test in the bios.