Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
_ak_

T500 with intel gma 4500mhd, increase system video memory

Hi,

I'm curious if there is a way, to increase my system video memory from the default 96mb, to 128mb or more, sience I still have 1155mb shared system memory. In a few case I would prefer more than 96, but there no increase option in bios nor in the driver settings.

Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 8
Serial Port
_ak_

Re: T500 with intel gma 4500mhd, increase system video memory

Is it possible to overdrive the Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT)?
Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 8
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

go into intel display driver, under 3D setting there is a selection on memory footprint size, select high. 
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Serial Port
_ak_

I'm testing win7 now, and I've got a good reason to think (or I'm almost sure), that the default 92mb vram (32 dedicated + 64 shared) in't enought however I can't allocate manually more shared memory to the vga.

With the default w7 driver, the OS dosen't get any of the shared memory (so the system is running only with the dedicated 32mb), most likely because of that the display becomes choppy/dizzy like this. If I update the driver with the vista driver the vga gets 96 mb vram and this crahes greatly decreasing. After I switch to the classic win theme, they almost gone, exept if I playing videos with DXVA acceleration or 720/1080p movies.

But I'm about to give this up, I've search the internet for a whole day, but didin't  find any way, to overdirve the driver settings. :smileysad:

Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 8
HDMI
dragon-fly

Minimum Graphics Memory:    32 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:    1283 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:    99 MB

that is what i am seeing right now in windows vista sp2 

driver memory footprint didnt do anything.

most manufacturers have the setting in the bios, but i did not find an option to specify memory footprint of the gpu in the bios of the T400. i have the most up to date bios as well, and i didnt see it in the bios version i had before.

i would also like to know how its 32mb+64 mb, i am seeing full DMVT control here.

I Also get artifacts in windows 7, in vista while playing some games, and when playing videos with DXVA acceleration. it is VERY annoying.

i would like to have a fix for this too.

What's DOS?
delluser

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am having similar corruption/artifacting with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (Dell Latitude e4200)
HDMI
dragon-fly

Yeah, i fixed it.

The issue is with the intel controller, the way it handles ram more specifically.

when there is a unmatched pair of different size memory modules, the  controller does not handle the dual channel perfectly, and given that the intel controller uses the system ram as graphics ram, there are visual artifacts.

tried 1gb+2gb = artifacts, 1gb+1gb perfectly fine, 2gb+2gb perfectly fine.

this does bug me as a resolution because it means that i'll need to jump straight to 8gb (2x4gb) and cant go to 6gb without having artifacts. 

Serial Port
_ak_

[ Edited ]

With the first  (7.15.10.1502) intel driver it works fine under 32-bit vista and w7, so probably a bios or a driver update will fix this issue.

Anyway, thanks dragon-fly for your observation, I might consider to replace my 1gb module.

Message Edited by _ak_ on 08-08-2009 11:29 PM
Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 8
HDMI
dragon-fly

No Problem, its just really damned annoying that my observation proved true. all issues in windows 7 are gone, DXVA playback and what not. only photoshop gets the random blitz of dizzyness for split seconds sometimes, but then refreshing it makes it go away. everything else is fine.
What's DOS?
Elmeligi

how can i do that on my windows 7 computer,

i am stuck on 64 MB dedicated memory,

and ~1700  shared but i cant dedicate any of them