Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
kappelgaard

T510 Cannot wake up after sleep when in mini dock plus 3

[ Edited ]

I have just got a mini dock puls 3 for my T510 running w7x64. When I leave the PC for some time it enters sleep mode as it should, but I cannot get the PC to wake up again. There seem to be absolute no response to any inputs from my external or build-in key board or mouse. The only way to start the PC again is to press and hold the power button until the PC reboots with the effect that I loose all open items on my dekstop.

Before I user the mini dock my PC would restart when I swiped the fingerprint reader

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: T510 Cannot wake up after sleep when in mini dock plus 3

hey kappelgaard,

welcome to the forums.

i'm guessing that your unit will wake from sleep if it is not connected to the docking station ?

could you head over to http://support.lenovo.com and crosscheck that your unit has everything up to date, especially the BIOS.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Retired Employee
JameZ

@kappelgaard,

By any chance the laptop has Nvidia Optimus installed?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
kappelgaard

Hey Serge

Yes, I have had no problems without the docking station.

Lenovo changed the Motherboard today but that did not help. I have run system update with all the latest drivers and bios update.

Blue Screen Again
kappelgaard

JameZ: I have the Nvidia Control panel installed. Do you expect the problem related to the graphic card driver?

I have a meter measuring the PC power consumption and can see the PC normal running power when it is supposed to be sleeping.
Retired Employee
JameZ

@kappelgaard,

This issue has been brought up to engineering and they are testing on a new GPU driver for this. A temporary workaround is to boot into BIOS and run discrete mode only.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
tr0users

I have exactly the same problem with a T510 running Win7 Ultimate x64. I've updated the bios so that it runs with discrete graphics card but this made no difference. I've also tried applying all the latest driver and bios update - no luck. Can you please help.

Blue Screen Again
kappelgaard

My isses have not been fixed yet, wunder how long time Engineering needs to look into this ??
Fanfold Paper
Todd_Smith

I have the same problem with T520 and mini-dock 4338. My wired USB mouse and Keyboard are attached to the dock. The only way to wake it is to press the power button on the dock. That's OK, but it would be nice if the mouse-click or keyboard could do it.

Lenovo, did you forget about this??

Thanks.