Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Shellz
Accepted Solution

T510 DISPLAY Issue: Intermittent high Contrast/Brightness

Hi folks - This is my first Lenovo forum submission and I will do my best to describe the problem with my laptops' video/display. I'm all ears for your suggestions.

*Issue*

The display would occassionally dip down in brightness/contrast then change up to a very HIGH contrast level on its own. The desktop icons, background image & browser images become un-sightly bright BEYOND your normal Lenovo Power Manager settings. All the white hues turn even brighter, and some hues are NOT viewable at all on certain backdrops. Usually, it resolves itself after several minutes.Then it's business as usual.

I do not believe it has anything to do with the Power Manager settings (e.g. Idle Time, brightness control, Battery vs AC power, etc.). It simply occurs on it's own then disappears. A reboot can help and so does closing the lid and re-logging into Windows. But who wants to practice that technique after paying over $1600 for a professional grade business laptop?

I found only ONE forum message that came close to reporting the problem, found in the body of a message and NOT as a subject (SEARCH:  "screen image fades as if you lose contrast")

Frequency ? - Atleast 4 times a month for the past 3-4 months since my purchase in summer 2010.

CPU: i5-540M 2.53GHZ

RAM: 4 GB

Laptop model: T-510

Laptop Product ID: 4313CTO

Graphics: 15.6 HD+

Battery: 6-cell

Purchase date: summer 2010

Fanfold Paper
Shellz

Re: T510 DISPLAY Issue: Intermittent high Contrast/Brightness

Problem occurs more often than 4 times a month. More like 10 times a month for the past 4-5 months.
Guru
ColonelONeill

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T410-Screen-flickering-randomly-screen-cont...
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Fanfold Paper
Shellz

Sweet. Let me try this out. I'll let ya know how it goes after a couple weeks. Thanks for the link!!!

Fanfold Paper
Shellz

[ Edited ]

I must say that this forum is the BEST. Thanks to ColonelONeill for pointing me in the right direction. After 2 weeks of monitoring the fix, my laptop screen has worked without issue.

sweeeeeeeeeet!

Blue Screen Again
athul4t

Thank you very much sir .U are great . I was facing this problem since 2 months . thank you very very much .. GOD BLESS YOU