Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
goljan_path214

T510 Microphone

[ Edited ]

Just purchased a Lenovo T510 (4313-CTO) running Win 7 64 and the internal dual microphones below the screen are not working. I updated to the newest driver from Conexant 20585 Audio Driver Ver 4.95.48.50.

I looked under the BIOS and saw that the microphone was enabled.

When I open the audio panel and select Internal Microphone, I have it set to continue running when on battery power, playback through default speakers (tried the Conexant option as well), and have both activated and deactivated the  "Listen to this Device" box.  Microphone levels and boost are at maximum levels.

When using the Sound Recorder, Skype, or Movie Maker I cannot record any sound.

I have been searching numerous threads and tried downgrading the audio drivers and also switching them to generic drivers.

I'm out of options, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: T510 Microphone

Perhaps try booting into an Ubuntu LiveUSB and seeing if the microphone works there. If not, the physical hardware may be malfunctioning.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
Cimek

Re: T510 Microphone

Hi.

I have same problem with T410. Everything was working fine, then suddenly something has cut off internal microphones.

Reinstalling drivers or applications doesn't help at all, but if I boot to Ubuntu everything works fine.

When boot to Windows problem still exist.

It looks like some software is blocking microphone only.

Even system restore doesn't help. What da hell it is?

Blue Screen Again
E520_user

Re: T510/E520 Microphone

I have similar problem with ThinkPad Edge 520.

Using Skype results in an error like: "Can not connect to (microphone or) soundcard".

The build in Lenovo driver check says that all drivers are updated.

Any suggestions?

/Jan

Guru
ColonelONeill

@E520_user,
Try downloading and updating the Conexant audio driver from http://support.lenovo.com manually. There's a known issue with Skype in certain versions of the audio drivers.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
E520_user

Yes. Upgrading like described was the magic thing solving the problem. Thanks.
Paper Tape
jeremi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a thinkpad x201i, but the same Conexant 20585 SmartAudio HD.

The microphone is activated, both volumes are at max, I disabled the audio enhancement as adviced here :

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Microphone-not-working-Conexant-20561-Smart...

and also tried the "action center" trick. But none of these worked.

I use to skype a lot with it, sometimes I wouldn't work and then during the conversation work again. I also changed skype's settings as adviced here :

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W500-microphone-level-drops-suddenly-with-Cone...

disabled the "windows detects communication" option too.

I've downloaded the latest driver from lenovo

uninstalled the material, earased the .inf files form windows/inf folder so I can install the driver I want (couldn't get the default windows driver though..maybe a hint but I don't know how to do this)

none of the above worked.

The sound indicator next to the microphone in the recording device tab reacts when I clap my hand very hard, the level seems to be very very low, but I can't find how it's possible.

Thank you for your help,

Jérémi.

Paper Tape
jeremi

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Finally I call Lenovo hotline in France, and after 1 hour installing/uninstalling drivers for sound card and video card, the sound card drivers didn't seem to update. They adviced me to reinstall windows with factory setting and update with latest drivers again, but the microphone level still was dropping during the first seconds of recording, and the driver wouldn't update.

I had to send my PC (still under warranty) back to Lenovo repair center with my own ways and money at the north of Paris. The parcel was lost for a week before it was finally checked in somewhere in Germany.

They changed the LED board and it was back to me in the middle of the second week. The microphone is working fine.

I asked them exactly what was changed and what they answered is underneath.

The drivers still don't update correctly.

Good luck to you all !

Jérémi.

Cher Monsieur,

Pour voir exactement la piece remplace sur votre poste veuillez entrer sur le site internet de Lenovo et voir la graphique complete du kit LCD sur votre poste. La piece LED board c'est la piece qui contient le microphone de votre pc.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD004392

Dans la photo on a ecrit a cote de la piece en question - inverter card - mais pour votre poste qui utilise une technologie LED pour le LCD panel, on doit mettre la LED board.

Veuillez verifier des informations aussi dans le manuel du poste:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/detail.page?DocID=UM001446

Cordialement,

Support Technique Lenovo.

P.S: Nous vous prions d'utiliser l'adresse support_fr@uk.ibm.com
Les courriers envoyés directement à l'agent ne pourront être traités.
Merci de votre compréhension.

Savez-vous que vous pouvez également trouver des réponses à vos questions techniques à :  
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/