Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
slimchance
Accepted Solution

T510 No Internet Connection

Hello forum this is my first post and would like to thank anyone for replies and welcomes in advance.

Ok I've just about driven myself crazy with my t510 not connecting to the internet. I got this laptop used but

in good condition but i kno nothing of any symptoms it had before i just kno it had windows xp installed and i installed windows 7 proffesional. the setup went fine and i created a profile. After creating the profile i got an error about logging on the laptop restarted and brought me to the logon screen of the profile first thing i noticed was everything was blown up and fuzzy like it was in safe mode. Then when i tried to connect to the internet which works on all other pcs in the house it said ther was no connection i tried an ethernet connection but it still didnt work. i then notices the wifi led wasnt coming on either i started researching and found i was missing some drivers (ive researched mostly on this forum) and even after installing numerous drivers i was missing or the pc told me i needed still nothing changed. troubleshooting the connection issue on the pc tells me if i have a network adapter i need to install the driver for it. i didnt kno i needed an adapeter i just assumed the laptop had a wifi card in it....thanks for any replies

truly,

slim

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: T510 No Internet Connection

Hello and welcome,

First, install the ethernet adapter driver. Hopefully that will get you an internet connection.  Then install ThinkVantage System Update and run it.  That should download and install most/all of the drivers and apps you need.

Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software for 32-bit Windows

Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software for 64 bit Windows

README for Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software

System Update 4.01

Installation instructions for System Update 4.01

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
slimchance

Thank you Z the LAN driver you linked me to worked i must have just tried to

install the wrong one before. I also ran the system update you linked me to and everything seems to be working

i havnt yet tried to connect to internet wirelessly but ill let you kno if i can. Also wanted to kno if you may have an answer

as to why everything looks like the laptop is in safe mode (blown up and fuzzy)?

Thanks again,

slim

Guru
ColonelONeill

Did you install the graphics driver? If so, go to the desktop, right-click, Screen Resolution, and move the screen resolution slider to the top
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
slimchance

Disregard my last after i shut down windows had alot of updating to do and fixed the look.

However now im trying to connect wirelessly by pressing the key combo Fn+F5 and the t510

is telling me to Change Power Settings of Wireless Radios - Lenovo Wireless adapters (802.11. WAN or Bluetooth) are

not installed on this system any thoughts?

All the help is appreciated good sir,

slim

Guru
ColonelONeill

Is the wireless switch on? It's on the left, near the front of the laptop.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
slimchance

[ Edited ]

yea ive made sure of that...windows is doing some more updating now ill try again wen its done

your replies are much appreciated aswell Colonel,
slim

EDIT: After alot more updating by windows im still getting the same message that Lenovo Wireless adapters are not installed on this system....

and i apologize for the double posting i just figured out how to edit a post :smileyhappy:

EDIT II: ive connected wirelessly through a USB Netgear adapter is this the kind of adapter thats needed to connect

the t510 wirelessly to the internet or is it suposed to come with a wifi network card installed

EDIT III: FINALLY im conected wirelessly. After installing the givin drivers linked above i got a LAN connection went to device manager noticed the little yellow triangle on the network controller. i clicked properties and installed the driver needed using the LAN connection.

Thanks again Z and all others that replied,

slim