Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Formosan

T510 Problem with Hibernation after switching power source

Hi All,

I am having problem sending my T510 (4313CTO) with 64 bit Windows 7 into Hibernation after switching from AC power to battery.  The following is the exact steps to produce the problem:

1. Turn machine to hibernation when on AC power WITHOUT battery attached.
2. Disconnect AC power then attach battery.
3. Turn machine on (bring machine back from hibernation).
4. Try to send machine back into hibernation.  At this point, screen turns off, wireless light stays on, hard drive running on and off but machine won't go into hibernation and won't respond to any command.  Only thing I can do is to power it off by holding the power button for 5 second.  Even if the first attempt is successful, subsequent hibernation attempt will fail.

As my other T510 is also having the same issue, I think probably other people will have the same problem and have a solution.  TIA for any advise.

Ben

Punch Card
dr-hoffmann

Re: T510 Problem with Hibernation after switching power source

Try to update your Bios: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74265

The new version might fix this issue.

Good luck.

Paper Tape
Formosan

Thanks for the advise but the BIOS update didn't solve the problem.

Paper Tape
Formosan

Can any T510 owner try the above and let me know if I am the only having this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Ben
Paper Tape
deim

[ Edited ]

Looks like there is still no solution.

I have exactly the same problem - initiate hibernate, screen becomes black, but wifi light stays on, and hdd light shows very light activity. I can turn it all off by holding power button, or leave it as is, and it will eventually die by itself, and on next start windows will tell that it was not properly shutdown.

It worked before, untill I did a fairly massive lenovo update - latest bios, latest power driver, power manager, and dozen of other updates. After that hibernate broke down.

P.S. T510, Win7 x64.