Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
LinYu

T510 Warranty: 3 year Basic Depot Warranty no more?

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of acquiring a T510 online and were very surprised for not finding this 3 year basic depot warranty. This is the same kind of warranty I got for all my two previous Thinkpads (a T42 and T61p) and I used to see it there until one or two weeks ago.

Has Lenovo stopped offering this 3 year basic warranty? In the Warranty and Protection Services > Warranty Services 3 Years, I can only find these options:

--  3 Yr Battery

--  3 Yr Priority Support Onsite

--  3 Yr Onsite + 3 Yr Thinkpad Protection

I would be interested in purchasing a 3 year Basic Depot Warranty if it is still available. Does anyone know something about this matter? I am otherwise ready to make my order.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Token Ring
LinYu

Re: T510 Warranty: 3 year Basic Depot Warranty no more?

Please!...

Could anyone, from Lenovo or not, let me know for sure whether or not the 3-year Basic Depot warranty is still available? I need to put an order today or tomorrow...

Thanks for any help with this question.

Lin Yu

Guru
ColonelONeill

That's weird, I'm on the Lenovo US site and it gives depot options for one year and four years. Maybe you could just shell out a little more for the four year?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

Just call sales and ask.  Sometimes they have options that don't show on the site: 1-877-958-4465

They also often have additional e-coupon discounts that aren't listed.  Saved me about $400 whe I bought my T400.

I agree, the 3-year depot warranty is an excellent value that I always go for.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Token Ring
LinYu

ColonelONeill and Zoltanthegypsy,

Thank you very much for you promt response to my appeal...

It was important to learn that I am not misreading or missing any piece of information. It was also nice to learn that by calling, I may even be lucky enough to possibly be rewarded with an ecoupon...

I did call, but they are not on a 24-7 schedulle. I'll try again tomorrow morning, before putting my order.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Guru
ColonelONeill

No problem!

I bought my T400 on a 30% off coupon that I stumbled upon, and that cut a big chunk off the price.

Make sure you know which components you want when you're calling; it's sometimes hard to articulate things over the phone.

(By the way, could you fill in the "Actual Battery Runtime" on my survey? It's kind of the critical piece of information that I'm looking for; everything else looks perfect. Thanks again!)
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

ColonelONeill wrote:

Make sure you know which components you want when you're calling; it's sometimes hard to articulate things over the phone.

I usually fully spec a machine on the web, then call and email the configuration to the sales rep.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

i have the basic 3 year depot warranty, and i currently have an issue with my T410's webcam and usb composite device. of the stories i've heard. it's a nightware dealing with lenovo and with the work they perform.

what should i do? just leave the unit "as-is" and just realize that lenovo and thinkpad isn't what it used to be. or gamble and the depot service and hope that they can resolve my software/hardware issues.

i'm just dreading mangled screws, a scratched case and having the unit sent back to me saying, "no problems found, unit passed all tests".

T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

I've had zero issues with Lenovo service. I've used depot repair twice. Both times DHL showed up with a box the next day, waited while I put the machine in the box, IBM Atlanta (Lenovo these days?)  fixed it the next day, I had it the day after that.
IdeaPad warranty service scares me, ThinkPad service not so much.
YMMV,
Z.

Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

[ Edited ]

if you don't mind me asking what was the issue with your unit? did you take out the hard drive when you sent it in? the reason why i am asking is regarding any sensitive data that might be on the drive. i don't know if the issues with my webcam and usb composite device is hardware related or software.

T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)