Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
andpgud

Re: T510 + i5 540M = terrible whine noise!

Well, I bought a Lenovo computer so they should fix it.
I have noticed that they dont give a darn about their costumers.
Serial Port
There1

I see, do you now where I can find some info. on how to switch the automatic CPU throttling? 

Paper Tape
thinkjens

Punch Card
andpgud

Hmm. Lets say that the CPU is the fault. What then. I still have 5 months of my warranty, will Lenovo fix the problem?

Punch Card
qpnl

[ Edited ]

Whatever the problem is.  The laptop is still under warranty.  They are obligated to fix the problem or have it replace.

I feel for you.  I have a slightly different hardware issue, but the exact same customer service issue.

If anyone else has similar hardware and customer service issue, please feel free to pst me.  

Mod Edit: Removed a comment that was against Forum Rules.

It is not acceptable to use this forum in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members en mass, to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo.

Paper Tape
thinkjens

Its really annoying. We are here in a lenovo forum - so where are the lenovo officials answering our questions?

At the moment I think lenovo tries to help everybody with the default action "replace the mainboard". 

The problem is: all the replacement parts have the same whining noise issue..  

I think they are in a one way street - they already have the new models out with the new chipset/cpu without the noise - so why spent time on the old stuff?  

All the spare parts are from the same defective intel lot - i believe lenovo knows that but tries to help us with "we did something" than to tell us "everything we can do won't help you - so please make the best of it and never call again (and give us a top score for the fast mainboard substitution service) .."

As i mentioned - I had my mainboard replaced without any difference and I do not know anybody with a happy ending (regarding the substition).. In fact - the lenovo service was great - but the problem is still there. :-(

Punch Card
andpgud

Same thing was with me you mentioned.
This is so frustrating that I was even unpleasant to the people working there, but I know I should not.
I would be happy with a same spec t420s with no noise. Thats what I want.
I bought the computer and am mailny in the livrary reading. This sounds isnt helping. The answer I got from Nyherja that is the dealer of lenovo in Iceland that I should just have headphones!!!
**bleep**??
Punch Card
qpnl

I have a T410s that has a similar problem.  They were willing to replace with T420s.  But mine has the touch screen, more RAM and higher CPU.  They totally ignore that.

So, I mentioned of the fan problem.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420s-Fan-noise-Issue/td-p/443569

Totally ignore that and counter with the same match my RAM and CPU speed as my previous, but can replace the touchscreen b/c they don't offer.

I want my money back, but she told me that it's not an option because we have passed the 21 days mark.

Too bad, you failed to meet your obligation.

I DO NOT want a lessor spec laptop with a lot of problems.

Give me my money back Lenovo!

Punch Card
andpgud

qpnl. I sent you a message.

Regarding this problem I find it impossible for lenovo just to ignore this.
Serial Port
There1

Not only did they replace my motherboard, they even downgraded my OS for no apparent reason. Had to wait like a month and change to get a copy of the pre-installed OS. Doesn't end there. They also replaced my DVD Drive!? lol I was like really? I told you where the noise is coming from and you do all this? lol smh ridiculous