Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
hovermike

T510 with Optimus (4313CTO) does not allow multiple external monitors.

The IBM support site explicitly states that Optimus-enabled T510s will allow two external monitors while the LCD panel is also active:  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-76617.html  (at the top of the page)

I've tried everything including switching display options within the bios and updating the optimus drivers and nothing allows me to operate more than one external monitor.  It recognizes both montors, but like I said, only allows one to be enabled at-a-time.

Best Regards,

Mike

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: T510 with Optimus (4313CTO) does not allow multiple external monitors.

Is the BIOS set to Optimus or Discrete?  It must be set to Optimus.

Paper Tape
hovermike2

Yes, Optimus is selected.

This has a FHD display, so perhaps this model doesn't support two external monitors while running the internal, though there is nothing to say that it does not support this scenario.  It will run the two external simultaneously only if I shut the lid.  One monitor is connected to DP->DVI and the other directly to the vga port.  This is what is specified in the site mentioned in the first post's link.  This is Windows 7 64 bit prof. btw.  The two external monitors are 1680x1050, the laptop display is 1920x1080.

Best Regards,

Mike

Broadband 3G
JDay

I thought you could only use two external monitors and the laptop display if you have the mini dock 3 and optimus?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-72871.html

Paper Tape
hovermike2

Within that link there is another link to the first link (this sounds very Dr. Seuss-y).  There is a way to have "ThinkPad-only Triple Display Configuration."  This goes with "Selected ThinkPad systems, with Nvidia Optimus Display Technology, support multiple external displays along with an active ThinkPad display."  I just want to know if the support information is incorrect and if so, it needs to be corrected, or they need to provide a driver update that allows a thinkpad-only  triple display configuration, as my system is not excluded from being able to do exactly what I'm looking to do...

Best Regards,
Mike