Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
alec6796
Accepted Solution

T520 DisplayPort to HDMI output FAIL

Hi Guys,

Im using a T520 (4240-2CM) and attempting to output to my Sharp HDTV (LC-42D77X). To do so I have purchased a DisplayPort to HDMI cable (no separate adapter involved). I get NOTHING. No picture, no sound, not a flicker. I use Fn+F7 to change to Duplicate, my laptop screen briefly goes blank and then comes back, but nothing on the TV (same is true of selecting Extend).

Telling it to Detect in Screen Resolution does nothing.

The Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel ---> Display---> Monitor/ TV Settings just says Monitor/ TV settings not supported (though it recognized the other TV I tried it with, mentioned below)

What I have tried:

Updated all my drivers.
Updated the TV's software.

Tested the HDMI inputs on the TV with another computer, they work fine and pick up immediately.
Have tried connecting T520 to another, newer HDTV (55" Panasonic Plasma, don't know the model), used the same cable, it worked perfectly, picking up the signal without needing me to make any adjustments.

So from this I think I can conclude: a) my laptop is capable of outputting to a HDTV, b) the DisplayPort does output a signal, c) the cable is in working order and d) the HDMI inputs to my TV are also fully functional.

Can anyone tell me how to get this set up working?
The only thing I can think of is that the signal outputting from a DP to HDMI cable must be different to that leaving a HDMI to HDMI cable  and that, despite my earlier software update, my TV cannot understand this signal. I don't know if that is right (can anyone confirm?), but if it is would using a DP to HDMI converter (then connecting to TV through another HDMI cable) solve this?

Appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks.

Blue Screen Again
Austen

Re: T520 DisplayPort to HDMI output FAIL

Hi,

I have a  brand new September 2011 T520. My display port works perfectly for AUDIO and VIDEO. It is very important that you get the right adapter. I bought the StarTech DisplayPort to HDMI Video AND Audio Adapter Converter. I was worried by all the negative posts about lenovo displayports, But now that I have tested it and it works fine. Make sure your adapter says AUDIO AND VIDEO and you Run the update tool in the lenovo tool box. (Blue ThinkVantage Button.)

Anyways if you have the right adapter it was super easy. All you have to do is connect it up and your good to go!

Paper Tape
steve1967

hi alec Just wondered if you resolved this? I have a brand new T520 and am experiencing the same problem with no output on my displayport - I to am using a DP to HDMI cable.
Blue Screen Again
alec6796

Hi Steve, I resolved this with the purchase of a cheap DP to HDMI converter from ebay. System now works fine:smileyhappy:
Punch Card
CarlWinslow

Guru
ExJamJus

Issue solved as stated by TS. Marked solved
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Blue Screen Again
alec6796

Hey carl Yup, mine was a different brand but exact same principle, that should do the job imo