Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
lefkas99

T520 External Monitor/Laptop Screen issue

Hello,

I have a T520 with a docking station.  There is an external monitor connected to the VGA port in the docking station and I have the laptop set to only use the external monitor.  However, when I close the screen of the laptop and put the laptop to sleep, and then when I open the laptop again, the laptop monitor turns on and mirrors on the external.  So basically, I need to set it to only use the external every time the laptop starts up.  

Is there any fix to keep the laptop screen off while it is docked?

Thanks.

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Re: T520 External Monitor/Laptop Screen issue

I don't have a dock to test. But I would look at the setting for Action when closing the lid/cover. Hibernate, go to sleep would be the normal actioins. You'd want nothing to happen. Look into the choice and I believe that will resolve it. There may be a group for when DOCKED as notebooks had years ago. The settings would apply only to when Dockend and not undocked.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
What's DOS?
lefkas99

The thing is I want the laptop to sleep when the lid closes.  The issue arises afterward for whatever reason, it reverts back to a default setting for the monitors.  

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Hmmmm,

Many docked users only use and external monitor. For those not sleeping while docked is the typically setting.

there is the Fn F7 or F8, can't tell which to toggle  displays. However, there should be a when docked configuration profile. Have you tried Lenovo support on this as to where it is. It should follow those setting each time it senses its docked.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
What's DOS?
lefkas99

I just ran across this newsgroup and thought I'd post a message.  Maybe I should try the Lenovo support.

Any idea how to access these configuration profiles if they exist?