Support in other languages: 
chl
Serial Port
chl

T520 - Touchpad and Trackpoint Inop

Hello:

Has anyone experienced problems with their Navpads or Trackpoint after the notebook exits hibernation?  Keyboard and all functions work execpt for the touchpad and the trackpoint.  I have to restar the notebook to regain operation of either.  

This started to happen shortly after I reinstalled the OS from the recovery partition and updated all the drivers.  

ThinkPad UltraNav Driver   Version 16.1.1.0

ThinkPad UltraNav Utility    Version  2.13.0

My unit does have the fingerprint reader, if that matters.

Thanks,

Claude

T520 Core i5-2540M (2.60GZH) - 500GB SSD - 8.0GB - Blu-Ray - FHD
RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

Re: T520 - Touchpad and Trackpoint Inop

Hi chl,

Since you updated the drivers and it's still causing the problem you can also try uninstalling them and then downloading the latest versions again; this sometimes solves the issue. 

Let me know if that helps!

Ed

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Paper Tape
thissenbas

I have a T420s and my touchpad stops working after 15-20min of normal use.  Cant move the mouse or use the buttons.

Removing the drivers and rebooting the system and reinstalling the drivers will bring the touhpad back to normal use, and after some time same issue reocceurs

Tried various drivers availabe on the support website, and running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

T420s - 4174, Windows 7 Pro SP1, Synaptics 16.1.1.0 Thinkpad Ultranav driver

RedEd12

thissenbas,

In many instances updating Power Manager sometimes resolves many driver issues, so you may want to give that a shot. You can download the latest version here: Power Manager for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) and if you need to update the Power Manager driver, that's here: Lenovo Power Management Driver for Windows 7

Let us know how that turns out.

Ed

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Paper Tape
thissenbas

Hi Ed,

updated the power management and the p.m. driver you suggested but the issue still remains. Have you got any other suggestions I can try?

RedEd12

My only other suggestion would be to update the BIOS, is yours current? Version 1.38 was released on July 24th so it's relatively new and can be downloaded here: BIOS Update Utility for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad T520 and T...

I hope that will resolve this troublesome annoyance for you :smileyhappy:

Ed

Paper Tape
thissenbas

Hi Ed,

more troubles. When updating the BIOS I receive the following error "BIOS directory cannot be found. The utility process cannot be completed" reading other treads I think I am going to lenovo directly for a service unless you have a different suggestion?

RedEd12

thissebas,

Yes, I would contact them at this point since more issues are arising. I am very sorry that we couldn't resolve the issue here but it seems like that may be the best option now.

Ed

chl
Serial Port
chl

HI RedEd12:

As it happens, I was forced to do a complete reinstallation since I migrated to an SSD.  After reinstalling from my rescue DVDs and upgrading all the drivers, I have not experienced the problem.  I don't know if the problem resided with the Power Management utilities or with the Mouse Drivers but so far, I haven't had any problem.

On a side note, for the longest of times I thought my T520 had the same CPU whine noise that my T510 had, but not to the same degree.  After the SSD, it's DEAD DEAD DEAD silent.  OMG, it was the hard drive all along (facepalm).  Thanks for the help.

Chl

T520 Core i5-2540M (2.60GZH) - 500GB SSD - 8.0GB - Blu-Ray - FHD