Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
hocheungli
Accepted Solution

T520: iPhone USB Charger Cable

[ Edited ]

All,

Recently upgraded users to T520. When we plugged the iPhone cable in to charge. Getting an error saying "Software Driver cannot be installed"

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks,

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: T520: iPhone USB Charger Cable

[ Edited ]

with your iPhone plugged in. Go to Device manager then find the USB port with the yellow exclamation mark. right click and select uninstall then right click and search for hardware changes.

Try to install iTunes and see if it helps...

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Paper Tape
hocheungli

Yeah I tried that. It ends up installing the same driver and ig et the same error.

BUT installing iTunes apparently fixed the problem. Not sure why but it works.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Bit Torrent
tripplec

That is not unusual. Many smart devices will NOT allow USB charging from and uncontrolled device. External power adapter in most cases yes. Computers on the other hand no. Many required their support package installed with places a USB driver for the the device within the OS and workes with it during charging and managing communications. Blackberry's required their Desktop for a long time and other smart devices have followed suit. IPhone and many other smartphones will likely but not all. Its up to the manufacturer. Drivers for charging and data are part of the ITunes package and that it why it solve the problem once you installed ITunes the support files were their to be found and loaded for it.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3