Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
jonathanb

T520 microphone

[ Edited ]

I've seen a couple of posts on this but no real answers. the microphone level is unusable. The conextant driver is the latest ( 8.32.23.0 ).

• removed it
  • re-added it
  • no difference

I have microhone levels at it highest and microphone boost at it's highest.

Windows sound recorder doesn't hear it (well if i scream it does just)

Skype doesn't hear it.

If I add my webcam with integrated microphone it all works fine. I don't want to do this though because th T520 has built in web cam

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: T420 microphone

Press Fn+F6 and change the recording from single person to multiple persons.

Also load SmartAudio, go to the Recording page, and switching it from VoIP to voice recording or vice versa.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
What's DOS?
jonathanb

Apologies - it's a T520 I have.

tried looking at Fn F6 and there is no setting for single / multiple person!

when you say load SmartAudio, go to the Recording page, and switching it from VoIP to voice recording or vice versa - what do you mean exactly. there is no program called smartaudio and if I go to device manager, audio etc I don't have these contols

Hope you can help out. Most frustrating

Token Ring
Wendel

Check in Control Panel for the Smartaudio application. If not there, go to Lenovo's download page and get it. There are many adjustments you can try using Smartaudio.

What's DOS?
pfaccio

Re: T520 microphone

Hi Jonathan,

were you able to fix your problem with microphone? If so, could you please share what you had done? Appreciate your help and advise.

Thanks

What's DOS?
tsykora

Hi,

Maybe some Linux users are looking for solution.

I hope this will help you. It works fine for me and Fedora 16.

http://tsykora.org/internal-microphone-thinkpad-t520-does-not-work-with-fedora-16/

What's DOS?
lhoo011

Hi yes just as was suggested earlier, go and download the software from lenovo website.
1) look under the "Support" tab
then "Drivers & Software"
2) specify your laptop model
3) they will offer a list of categories
you want "Audio"
4) Click to view files that are available for download

Once you've got the software,
you can do tweak around to see what suits you. I followed ColonelONeill 's advice. (Also, if you're notified that you don't have ThinkVantage Utility from pressing Fn + Fn6 then just google that software and you'll get it)

If you need to test your voice clarity,
I tried ...
Control Panel > Sound >Manage audio devices >Recording >(Microphone name) >Properties >Listen >(Tick for Listen to this device) >Apply >(Start speaking and see how you like it)

:smileyhappy:
What's DOS?
mkrivan

I have a T520 lenovo notebook and I have downloaded the newest Conexant audio driver from this site and the internal microphone trouble disappeared. Thank you for the comment. Now I can use the laptop's microphone for my communications.

What's DOS?
tsykora

Serial Port
xcln

Had same issue with Thinkpads that were working fine before. Turns out something turned the enhancements ON, so the resolution (short answer) was to turn them OFF. More, see

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaCentre-Desktops-Home-Servers/IdeaCentre-B520-sound-recording-too-low...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus LG5, Toshiba M3, HP nc4400, Thinkpad R50, T60, T61, T61p, X200 Tablet, T410, W500, T430s