Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
mmorua2

T520 not installing drivers for Lenovo Mini Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

A client just received a new T520. We ordered the Lenovo Mini Wireless mouse and keyboard. We attempted to install the device via the CD and also from the product page on Lenovo. The issue is that when we plug the dongle in it attempts to install four drivers but only three out of the four install. The problem driver is the USB Human Interface Driver. It has the yellow triangle in device manager. When told to update manually it states the file cannot be found. When trying to manually update it states "access is denied." The problem looks to be that the driver is not signed. If I restart and press F8 and select "disable driver signature enforcement" then the computer starts up with the keyboard and mouse working normally. 

Since this is a Lenovo laptop and Lenovo accessory I don't see why there is this issue with getting the driver installed / signed. Any advice on the matter will be helpful.

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: T520 not installing drivers for Lenovo Mini Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Maybe Lenovo's driver team forgot to sign the driver? You're on 64-bit Windows, I'm assuming.

Just in case, go to an elevated command prompt, and run SFC /SCANNOW. Reboot when it finishes, and then try again.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
mmorua2

Correct, it is a 64-bit. I'll try this out and report back.

Blue Screen Again
mmorua2

I tried the scan as was suggested but it stated there were no integrity issues. Restarted and tried to install the hardware but the same results. Any other suggestions are much appriciated.