03-27-2012 05:19 AM - edited 03-27-2012 05:20 AM
I am having the same issue. Now my OVBL1 is bricked.
My T410s asks for a password which I have no idea.
Can anyone help?
04-20-2012 04:50 PM - edited 04-21-2012 12:09 AM
I tried to flash my ssd but I got stuck.
This is what worked so far:
1) I created the bootable usb stick
2) I changed SATA mode to IDE Mode
3) Booted from the usb stick while the ssd was attached
4) run maindiag and it recognized my ssd
5) I unplugged the ssd and booted again
6) After booting from the usb stick and when I go C:\ I hot plugged in my ssd
7) Now I run maindiag again but it didn't recognize my ssd at all.
It reacts the same way when I run maindiag without any drivers connected. When I press 2 it just tells me " Check ATA Interface" and after a few seconds "Device not ready"
I already tried it with my PC as well as with a laptop. Both have the same result.
I also tried to first connect a different disk and then switch to the ssd but when I run maindiag after hot plugging it in, both don't get recognized. However, if I plug them in before booting from the usb stick, they get recognized.
I will try a different computer tomorrow but I am running out of ideas. Can anyone help me?
04-21-2012 03:05 AM - edited 04-21-2012 09:39 AM
Update: I tried a 3rd PC and it still only recognized the ssd while it booted with it plugged in but not when I hot swapped it.
I also tried a totally different ssd and I get the same result. I even created a new usb stick to boot from.
My finally conclusion is that its not the ssd, the computer, nor the usb stick. My assumption is that I am doing something wrong but I dont know what.
Edit: I have seen Blue_Frogs instructions on page 15 but I am afraid to try it out. I fear that since my ssd doesnt get recognized when I hot plug it in that I will make it useless and not be able to go further than step 7 in his instructions.
07-12-2012 10:54 PM
I appreciate your offer but I decided to just put it in without the new firmware. I use the ssd as my root partition and can't afford to take it out at the moment. I might give it a new try sometime later and if I will be stuck I will pm you if that is alright with you
07-13-2012 05:39 AM
Just for reference, no guarantee whether or not it works, but here's my experience:
- First I set the BIOS to IDE/Legacy
- Then I booted from the USB drive without the SDD in
- Then I inserted the SSD and stated Maindiag
- I was then able to run option 2 clear current firmware
- After that, I tried running option 1 replace current firmware. It failed
- Wthout rebooting I took out the SSD and inserted it again
- I tried option 1 again and now it did work, the firmware was replaced succesfully
- Then option 4 failed. Same solution. Unplug SSD without rebooting, put it back in and now it did work.
This was done yesterday on a T400s with the Lenove Samsung 128Gb SSD. Performance in W7 went from 5.9 to 7.6, and TRIM was enabled
08-04-2012 02:06 PM - edited 08-04-2012 02:07 PM
Does this firmware VBM19C1Q work on the "ova" drive MMCQE28G8MUP-0VAL1 , or is it only for OVB series
Is there any TRIM capable firmware for MMCQE28G8MUP-0VAL1.