Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
IBMuser1000

ThinkPad T400 internal audio stop working random

[ Edited ]
Hello Team, I have a ThinkPad T400 and I'm using windows XP. I have already installed the latest audio driver available 3.64.2.50(XP). Random the audio (internal speaker) stop to work and the only possibility to resume is to reboot the ThinkPad. Do you have and idea (maybe some problem on the system board) or do you have already view a similar problem? Let me informed. Thank you in advance for the help and cooperation. Rgs
Message Edited by IBMuser1000 on 05-25-2009 12:18 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
IBMuser1000

Re: ThinkPad T400 internal audio stop working random

Hello I have performed a downgarde to version 3.53.0.0 (XP) and now seam to be working fine.
Punch Card
auhalemi

I have the exact same problem, except I have :

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221  Driver Version: 3.64.6.0

Audio seems to die after between 30 and 60mins. From a system point of view, everything appears to be functioning normally. Even the OSD still responds when I adjust the volume, etc, just no audio is actually produced from the speakers :smileymad:

Can anyone point to where I might be able to download the initial release driver mentioned above, or to something else I can try please? 

Token Ring
KBAM

auhalemi,

Your problem is very likely the result of the broken installer in v3.64.6.00 (Win XP) that is discussed at length in this extensive thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Conexant-Audio-Driver-for-Vista-4-92-5-and-...

What you should do is follow the guidelines in the following post and bring your driver up to date.  Reverting to the initial release, v3.53.0.00, as did IBMuser1000 above, is not advised as earlier drivers (and this one dates back to early 2008) had certain issues of their own and are limited to basic audio functionality.  The enhanced SmartAudio II features were incorporated in Conexant driver packages commencing with v3.64.2.50, from April of this year .  While v3.64.6.00 has major installation problems and should not be deployed, v3.64.7.00, released very recently at the behest of our community, is fine.

Here's the procedure:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Conexant-Audio-Driver-for-Vista-4-92-5-and-...

Let us know how you make out.

--BAM 

Punch Card
auhalemi

That appears to have done the trick... thanks for pointing me in the right direction KBAM! :smileyhappy:

I had to go through a bit of 'fun' to get all traces of the old driver removed, but I'm now up and running on this: Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD v3.64.7.0

Hasn't dropped out all week, so looking good.

Token Ring
KBAM

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, auhalemi.

Once again, credit for smoking out the issue of Conexant pre-install prep goes to EricThorniley, who brought it up on 6/30/09.

Still, clean installs are always preferable to overwrite-installs, as overwrites depend upon a developer's going to the trouble of taking out trash after getting the.installer right.  For its part, ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU) builds yet another layer of dependency upon the house of cards...

--BAM

Punch Card
auhalemi

Hmmm spoke too soon.... another drop-out this arvo... symptoms exactly the same as before :smileysad:

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am almost always piping audio in through the front microphone port (plugged into my mobile phone playing FM radio) ?