Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
roshni

Re: Thinkpad T400 won't start just beep 1-3-3-1

Now the PC is in the trash can. No way to fix without replacing the MOBO and it is not cheap to replace rather buy a new one!!

Thanks everyone for trying to help me.
Community Moderator
richk

Do you wish to sell for parts?
Guru
ColonelONeill

Post it on your local Craigslist or something. You might make a bit of money. Kinda sad to see bits of hardware go to waste. :smileysad:
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Serial Port
roshni

Thank you all for the suggestions I will see what I can do. Something is better than nothing.
What's DOS?
init_

Hello! I have thinkpad x120e and get same error (few beeps), problem was found and resolve:

After opening and eject all modules system doesnt start, but then i found that keyboard small flex cable was not insert properly. After inserting that system started OK. Please verify that your keyboard flex cable inserted good.

This might call problem via breaking laptop "by road" :smileyhappy: Love IBM Lenovo)))

Punch Card
skie41

I just got this error after opening up my W530 and repasting it. Reading the earlier posts in the thread freaked me out, especially after I had previously tried to boot the laptop before assembling the keyboard bezel and everything worked fine!

I thought I broke something putting the pieces back together, but it turned out just to be the small plastic flex cable not being inserted properly (as init_ posted about above).

Just had to sign in to allay any possible unwanted fears!
What's DOS?
pkedpker

This is a old topic but I had the 1-3-3-1 beep error I figured it out and wanted to post the solution I found a computer from the garbage and it does the 1 beep then 3 beeps then another 3 beeps and 1 beep.. I had 3 RAM Sticks installed in it, one of them wasn't plugged in all the way (you have to squeeze it very hard dont be gentle keep squeezing until the plastics on the sides close in on their own and make a noise then you know you have it installed correctly you have to be rough with it.. )

I still had it beeping after that turned out all the RAM Sticks were incompletable RAM Sticks I think we all know RAM Sticks never break who knows why they made memtest86 **bleep** is useless it doesn't break. I got memory sticks and never broke.

Anyways as long as you have 1 compatible RAM stick it won't do the beeps anymore.

It has nothing to do with the CMOS Battery or whatever stuff people make up.

It just means there is NO RAM in the computer.