Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
andyski

Thinkpad T420 Express Card Problem --- Cannot put it back ---- (new Laptop)

At the T420 right side, above the card reader slot, there is a Express Card Slot. Yesterday I just press that card slot, then it will pop out a small box like a drawer, then I try to put it back, but it failed, now the box cannot put back and be locked by the laptop,  I try to press it a bit hard, but this one still cannot be loacked at the right position.

Anyone has any idea on this. Please advise. Thanks.

PS: This is a new machine, one month old, and it is my first time to press this box, before I never use this and even don't know what it is for? 

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Thinkpad T420 Express Card Problem --- Cannot put it back ---- (new Laptop)

It will only go in one way.  The spring loaded locking mechanism of the 34mm Expresscard slot doesn't take a lot of pressure to work.  Press it in more lighly but with a short press.  Make sure the orange label is down so it goes all the way in.

Broadband 3G
JDay

ThorsHammer wrote:

It will only go in one way.  The spring loaded locking mechanism of the 34mm Expresscard slot doesn't take a lot of pressure to work.  Press it in more lighly but with a short press.  Make sure the orange label is down so it goes all the way in.

What he said. If you look on the place holder card it even says "TOP" on one side.

Serial Port
andyski

yes, I think I insert it in the right direction, but just it cannot be locked by the laptop, it will always pop out, maybe later I try to push it slightly and shortly to see if it will be locked. 

Serial Port
andyski

I still fail to close this card slot. How come it will like this?

I try to close it slightly and shortly, but this card slot still cannot be locked by the laptop.  This is the new laptop !! Weird !!

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

andyski wrote:

I still fail to close this card slot. How come it will like this?

I try to close it slightly and shortly, but this card slot still cannot be locked by the laptop.  This is the new laptop !! Weird !!

Sounds like the spring loaded catching mechanism broke.  You'll probably need to have the machine repaired.

Have you tried an actual 34mm ExpressCard device? I have a USB 3.0 card in mine. If the plastic filler peice broke, that would be easier to replace.

Serial Port
andyski

I also suspect the card slot broke ..... but why Lenovo product is so weak ? The first time to use it will spoil it ??

What 's the quality like? 

Like this case, Lenovo will send engineers come down to fix it? Before the laptop got problems, normally they will come.... very annoyed by Lenovo product   :smileysad: