Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
totti_acmilan17

Re: Thinkpad T420 SLOW SLOW

are you sure if i install rapid storage in XP then it will be work bcoz last time which i did that my xp doesn't come up any more and it shows me blue screen !!!!

Fanfold Paper
totti_acmilan17

guys please give me the link which i complaint about this product it made me crazy f... slow

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi totti_acmilan17! Question: Are you running with the battery in or out?
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
totti_acmilan17

no i am using by plug not batttery

Community SuperMod
bananaman

If the battery is removed, your laptop will most likely run slow.

Fanfold Paper
wujj123456

Hi,

Refer to this thread.  http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T420-slow-only-if-battery-not-plugged-in/td...

You either need to buy a 90W adapter to run without the battery, or plug in your battery!

Fanfold Paper
totti_acmilan17

thanks for your posted forums ,actually i always use my laptop plugedin(cord) and battery.

but my performance is to suck. even my friend have core2due laptop which its performance is better than mine !!! fFF...

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi totti_acmila17!

Thanks for clarifying that. The battery is in. The system is slow.

Community members have suggested a few things to check, but this is becoming a Sherlock Holmes mystery. Who dunnit?

Fanfold Paper
totti_acmilan17

guys i have suggestion lets introduce performance software checker and then share the report to clear which thinkpad have problem ?

Fanfold Paper
wujj123456

[ Edited ]

Just wondering if you've tried CPUz to check the frequency of your CPU.  Lonney suggested that, but I didn't see you post any results.  If it's slower than Core 2 Duo, usually only several things can happen:

1) CPU is stuck at lowest frequency (Use CPUz to check: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html)

2) Your harddisk is broken or nearly broken, which leads to your OS spend most of time scanning bad sectors. (Use HD Tune to check)

3) If you are using an HDD, make sure you leave at least 10% free space for each partition, especially the system partition

4) You've installed sth, that keeps scanning the disk or using 100% CPU... (Or could be a trojan)

From your HD Tune report, it's likely to be the 2nd case.  Reallocated event count should be 0 for a healthy disk, and any number larger than 0 means a pre-failure condition.  Your count is terrible...  (Paper from Google:  http://research.google.com/archive/disk_failures.pdf) However, your status is "warning", and I am not sure if you can secure a free replace with your warranty.  If you have a friend using T420, try swapping in his disk to observe if the problem is solved. 

Please consult Lenovo support.  They have an HDD scanning tool, and if that reports an error, you should be able to get a replacement.  Select you model at http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/, then go to Diagnostics Software.  I recommend that you use a bootable CD since your system is already slow.