Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Griffin1

Turn off power for Multibay HDD?

[ Edited ]

I just replaced the 5400 RPM HDD in my new T500 with a 7200 RPM WD Scorpio Black. The change in responsiveness and boot time is remarkable! The only con is that its not that silent anymore....:smileymad:

I put a second HDD in the Multibay (with the SATA Multibay Adapter II). I wonder if there is any way to turn off or put the multibay HDD in standby mode or so? I dont need it to be on always...

Message Edited by Griffin1 on 03-25-2009 10:23 PM
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

Re: Turn off power for Multibay HDD?

If you click on the "remove hardware" icon and select to remove it, it will be stopped. If you decide that you need it again all of a sudden you can just pop it out and reinsert it, away you go.

If you have a HDD password on the drive you will need to at least hibernate the system and restart it.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Griffin1

Re: Turn off power for Multibay HDD?

Tried to set Windows Energy settings to turn off harddrivs when idle for 2 minutes and it seems to work. The multibay HDD spins down while the primary HDD keeps running. When accessing  the Multibay HDD it spinns up again.