Is it possible to turn on the laptop from sleep mode without opening the laptop lid?
There are several ways to wake up the laptop from the sleep mode.
Using the usb mouse wake up the laptop by clicking on the mouse button.
To use this method, please follow these steps:
1. Access your windows 'Control Panel'
2. Then double click on your 'SYSTEM' icon in your control panel.
A keyboard shortcut method to get to SYSTEM properties menu, is to press "Window" + Pause key (located above F12)
3. Once you are in the SYSTEM menu,
select 'Device Manager' option, which should open up the device manager control panel.
4. Under the DEVICE MANAGER panel, click on the 'Mice and other pointing devices', which should have your usb mouse.
5. Right click on the usb mouse (i.e. HID-compliant mouse) icon and select 'Properties'.
6. Once you are in the usb mouse properties menu, select the 'Power Management' Tab, there is an option for 'Allow this device to wake the computer', make sure you select that.
Now the laptop will wake from the sleep mode by simply clicking on your external usb mouse.
If you have docked the laptop, you can wake up the computer by simply using the power on/off button on the dock. To use this method do the following.
1. Launch your Thinkvantage Power Manager by double clicking on the green battery icon on the taskbar.
2. Under your 'Power Plan' tab, there is various selection options menu. Select your 'Events' drop down box.
3. Once you clicked on the 'Events' drop down box, you will have the following options available to you:
4. Make sure the Power button events corresponds to sleep.
This allows your Power button to put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. To do a hard shutdown (i.e. when the laptop freezes), just hold the power button for 5 sec.
Get a Lenovo ultranav keyboard, and use the Fn key on the keyboard to wake the laptop up.
Combination of above three methods can all be used to wake up the laptop, there are also other methods availabe.
© All Rights Reserved