Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Two Lenovo T500 laptops returned damaged from Lenovo

Cleo,

What measures does Lenovo take to insure machines received weren't damaged in transit, damaged at the repair center, or damaged on shipment back to a customer?

Thor,

Broadband 3G
JDay

ThorsHammer wrote:

Cleo,

What measures does Lenovo take to insure machines received weren't damaged in transit, damaged at the repair center, or damaged on shipment back to a customer?

Thor,

The carrier usually handles that. For instance FedEX/UPS will make a note upon delivery if a package is damaged so that there is a record of shipping damage should a claim be filed.

Fanfold Paper
crsolatka

Cleo:  I am posting a response to this comment as we have not received anything further from you.  Our information has been sent to you, as requested, as well given to numerous other Lenovo operators and managers in several departments.  It has been over 2 weeks since these were originally shipped in...they are business machines...difficult running a business without them.  My calls to Lenovo have been less than useless.  Departments spread out in the country, one not knowing what the other is doing, each having their own separate role to occupy and quickly wanting to switch me over to someone else.  We are only in the country a few weeks as we are involved with teaching in Central America and must have these machines back in their original state before we leave in one week, but refuse to pay for damage caused by Lenovo.  Please note: We were sent pictures by Lenovo that were supposed to be one of the damaged machines, but these pictures were not of either of our machines.  There are scratches and screw holes marking the differences as well as the fact that the machine we were sent pictures of has even less damage than ours.  As stated previously, the other machine we sent in and that was returned to us damaged did not come with any notation of such damage, it was just returned to us that way.  

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Its tough when you're on the road and a business system fails. But when its in worst or unuable state when you receive is beyond excuse and has to be unexceptable. These are renown as business system and should be treated and serviced with the utmost detail and validated via some QA before returned.

I am not mobile with mine much but always need at least one other working system on had in case of an issue.

Have you been able to contact a manager on the support line and get this escalated. If you're waiting that means nothing is happening and will be leaving the country the machine was destroyed in service.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Broadband 3G
JDay

tripplec wrote:
Its tough when you're on the road and a business system fails.

That's what next day on-site repair and/or a spare system is for.

Bit Torrent
tripplec

That probably a must for those on the road away from office for some time.
I will also concider that when I go for a warranty upgrade. I can at least watch over the tech repairing the system and won't throw it off the walls. LOL like some appeared to have done from the photo's
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Paper Tape
Wixy

Sorry to hearCrsolatka.

I sure can understand your frustrations.

My T410s (yes, another one of them) decided to not work whilst I was mid-week in working, and my boss wonders why I have productivity issues...

Our company here in Aust. uses Lenovo Thinkpads on the basis that we used IBM Thinkpads from past, thus everyone in the office has the so called "legend machine" (some 600 ppl). We previously worked with glorious machines such as the T31, T40, T42p, T61p. They were brilliant - blow them up and they would still work.

I had deadlines, presentations, meetings scheduled, and BOOM - gone. I did not get a replacement machine until 1 month later, after they had sourced a T420s due to reported shortages in T410s (I wonder why....), and NOW I & other collegues are experiencing other issues with this new......machine (i.e. all USB ports don't work after we unplug from the mains, dodgy plastics that stick up etc).

I work in a manufacturing company that strives to achieve lean production methods (Kaizan) invented by the great Japanese warrior of the car (Toyota...lolol) , and without doing any plant visits into Lenovo factories, I can already sense that very soon, someone will be making this (the Thinkpad brand) a perfect case study/thesis piece of what NOT to do after a cultural shift in ownership.

I'm not going to go into depths - as it will go into a thesis of such - but what I CAN say is that selling a highly reputable, reliable, innovating brand from a highly reputable, reliable, innovating company to a company whose culture is fixed on cost leadership strategies & intense revenue management (so they can compete with companies like DELL, and even they are doing pretty well in quality) will no doubt result to "junk in, junk out " value chain.

This, no doubt, is something even the moderators & administrators can't deny - it goes beyond customer service officers & after product support coordinators of the like.

Escalation? What's that?

It goes straight to the blokes in their fancy suits & pink ties in the midst of an asian country we all know (and love, cuz i'm asian you know). They must change, and they will only change when consumers change - to another brand that is. It will only be a matter of time when our organisation can no longer support the downtime experienced from me, and my other colleagues.

I apologise greatly for highjacking this thread, but I think just about everyone here in the land of the Roos will be using a HP very, very soon.

SCSI Port
nkull

I have to agree with you, ... We pay a premium to buy this "elite, best of class" laptop ... If I see that I'm spending extra money for something no more reliable than a dell, or with worse service than I get with Dell (have to admit, their service is pretty **bleep** good), then I will have to question my loyalty to the ThinkPad name.

Lenovo, I hope your listening to people in this thread and others --- you have an audience that is willing to SPEND MORE MONEY for BETTER QUALITY PRODUCT.  Some of us buy your product with the idea that we will still use the machine 6+ years down the road, if we only wanted to use it for 2 years we would get a consumer HP from walmart for a hell of alot less.    Don't let us down on your part of the deal.   It's bad enough you made the crappy Edge line, I sure hope the poor quality from that line does not bleed over to the rest of the ThinkPad series!!!

My Current Thinkpads:

T61, T410, T510, one DEAD JUST OVER 1 YEAR OLD Edge 15 (Pure Garbage, biggest waste of money I've ever spent.)

--- ThinkPad T61 / Win 7 / Core 2 / 4gb RAM / Nvidia / Still used daily --- ThinkPad Edge 15/ i5 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / 8gb RAM / Hated it, died at 1 yr 1 mo old --- ThinkPad T510 / Win 7 / TrueCrypt / i5 / 8gb RAM / Nvidia / Current primary machine --- ThinkPad X220 / i7 / IPS / 4gb / TrueCrypt / My Road Machine
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

crsolatka,

Thanks for sending along your information - we are escalating this to customer relations team and they should be in touch shortly.   I know this is especially frustrating, and I appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

nkull,

Thanks - we are listening.   I appreciate your loyalty to ThinkPad as evidenced by the chain of systems in your profile.  

Sorry to hear that you had problems with the Edge 15... can you send me some details about your trouble with it and the MT and Serial so we can check records on it.  I'd like to see if there is anything we can do to help you on that.

Best regards,

Mark 

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество