Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

UltraNav installed, but disabled

Hello people,

I need some help.

I am using a ThinkPad T510, Windows Professional x64
and my "red dot", touchpad, right/left, finger print click aren't responding either.

I went to the BIOS and it recognizes the hardware - trackpad and touchpad are set to automatic.

Lenovo Solution Center is giving me the following error:

----

Solution Center2.PNG

It tells me to go to Device Manager to see the installed  devices.
So this is how it looks like:

deviceManager.PNG

I am using a Microsoft Arch for now, until I can solve the UltraNav problem.
(Whenever I disconnect the mouse, the ThinkPad UltraNav Pointing Device doesn't change)

When I click on properties I see this:

prop1.PNG

and this:

prop2.PNG

I have tried uninstalling all the UltraNav and Synaptics drivers,
restart the computer, install UltraNav, restart the computer,
but it doesn't respond.

Note: when I press fn + F8, I get the following error:
fn1.PNG 

I uninstalled it this way too and reinstalled the latest UltraNav version, but it just doesn't work.
I don't know what else to do, the BIOS recognizes the hardware, UltraNav installs, but is always disabled.
I can't enable it. Does anyone have any idea on what to do?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: UltraNav installed, but disabled

tsomda,

Uninstall the driver in device manager and delete the extracted drivers in the driver folder, uninstall power manager and power management driver and hotkeys. Once that is done, shut down the laptop and boot into BIOS. In BIOS, disable the touchpad, then let it boot into Windows normally. shut down the laptop, remove AC and battery and hold the power button for 10 seconds, release power button and boot back into BIOS and enable the touchpad again. Boot back into Windows and install the driver, power manager and power management driver and hotkeys. Reboot the laptop then see if it works.
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

I am about to try that, but just to make sure:

"Remove AC and Battery and hold the power button for 10 seconds, release power button and boot back into BIOS..."

To turn on the computer after holding the power button for 10 seconds, do I connect the AC plug, the battery or both?
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

[ Edited ]
So I followed all the steps, accordingly to what you said:
Unistall drivers,
Disable touchpad on BIOS,
Let windows boot,
Turn off computer, remove AC cable and battery,
Hold power button for 10 seconds,
Plug AC cable and battery --> Power on, enable touchpad on BIOS,
Boot windows, install drivers,
Boot computer.

Touchpad still is not responding, and on device manager still shows
the same thing as before. (when I press fn+f8 it now says UltraNav is
not installed.)

Any other ideas, suggestions or some other info you might need?
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 258
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

tsomda,

I have a W520 machine with me, and I couldn't use the middle button of the ultraNav for scrolling up and down. Trackpoint (the red dot), and left right keys are working properly though.

I didn't have the yellow exclamation mark in the device manager nor it says the component is disabled.

However, I had the same Synaptics Pointing Device error message when tried to access Mouse from Control Panel. I didn't get the error when pressing Fn+F8 though.

What i did was uninstalling UltraNav Driver and Utility from Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Restarted the machine and re-installed the UltraNav driver and utility fixed my issue though.

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

tsomda,

You issue might be a hardware problem, or it might be a software problem.

To confirm that the hardware is working properly, please download the Ubuntu Linux installer here:  http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Burn the ISO you download to a DVD, and then boot to it.  You don't actually need to install ubuntu, and booting to the DVD won't change anything on your HDD - just boot to it and see if the internal trackpoint and touchpad are working as expected.

Let us know the result of your experiment, then we can decide next steps depending on whether you are having a hardware problem, or a software problem within Windows.

Fanfold Paper
tsomda

First of all, thanks for your time in helping me!

@someotherguy
I think it might be a software issue, since the BIOS recognizes the trackpoint and the touchpad.

When I read your post, I was installing Wubi - to check if the trackpoint and touchpad would work. - It didn't work

I am downloading the ISO now to burn it to a DVD and try it that way, but doing it through wubi should give the same results, right?

@ Cleo_Lenovo
I can't find UltraNav on Programs and Features, only Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. (I did uninstall it, reboot it, installed again, but no luck)
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

tsomda wrote:

@someotherguy
I think it might be a software issue, since the BIOS recognizes the trackpoint and the touchpad.

I don't think that's a valid assumption.  Let us know if the trackpoint and touchpad work when you boot to the ubuntu install DVD.

Fanfold Paper
tsomda

I created the DVD and booted from it, but it didn't work.

(I checked the BIOS and trackpoint and touchpad are both set for automatic - there is only disabled and automatic)

So I am guessing it must be a hardware issue - "noooooooooo"
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

tsomda wrote:
I created the DVD and booted from it, but it didn't work.

(I checked the BIOS and trackpoint and touchpad are both set for automatic - there is only disabled and automatic)

So I am guessing it must be a hardware issue - "noooooooooo"

Yes - it's definitely a hardware issue.  Is this something that started recently?  Has your system ever been taken apart or otherwise serviced?