Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

Re: UltraNav installed, but disabled

someotherguy wrote:

tsomda wrote:
I created the DVD and booted from it, but it didn't work.

(I checked the BIOS and trackpoint and touchpad are both set for automatic - there is only disabled and automatic)

So I am guessing it must be a hardware issue - "noooooooooo"

Yes - it's definitely a hardware issue.  Is this something that started recently?  Has your system ever been taken apart or otherwise serviced?

I took to a licensed lenovo service in December, and some of my fans got replaced - but then only my touchpad wasn't working. I thought it was some software issue and I kept using the trackpoint until I had a break from projects, hws, exams, etc... then I decided to install windows professional x64 to upgrade my RAM from 3gb to 8gb. After I installed x64 the trackpoint stopped working. So this is where I am now.
I haven't bought the the new memory yet. 

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

It might be something as simple as reconnecting the cable between the ultranav and the motherboard, but it's impossible for me to tell that from here.  I recommend calling service and explaining to them the situation, and the fact that you tried both windows and ubuntu, etc.

Guru
ExJamJus

Do post back or mark "Accepted as solution" when you got it solved via service.

Thanks
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

So I went back there, and he took a look at it.
The touchpad/fingerprint cable was loose, but he but it back in
and the finger print led light up when we started to computer.

BIOS recognized it, but when windows started, the finger print
LED went off - and computer was in the same state.

He did some more debugging and he said that it is probably a motherboard issue, that might need replacement, but my
warranty is over.
Fanfold Paper
tsomda

Any ideas on the next step?
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

tsomda,

I'm not sure what additional help you are looking for.  We already confirmed your problem is in hardware.  So it will not be possible to fix this problem in software.  You should call Lenovo support to discuss your options for out-of-warranty hardware repair.

Fanfold Paper
tsomda

I am trying to find the number to call them, but I can't find a page that has the number.