Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
fredhdx

Re: Water Spill issue T510

Hey tripplec,

THanks for your advice. I found a repair shop charging half as others do so I probably will go and have them give a diagnostic scan
Punch Card
fredhdx

Thanks for your reply!

I think the battery is still charging.

Please see my update below
Punch Card
fredhdx

Thank you so much for searching online for me!

I got the similar price, around 300 bucks plus 60 shipping. But I am able to find some on Chinese ebay for about 260 bucks, and they ship internationally.

Ebay has only 2-3 sellers selling the T510 motherboard and I haven't check if the FRU is right. It's true buying this kinda of stuff online is very risky but would it be better to have a local repair shop get one and install it for me? It will certainly be more expensive but I guess they will cover the cost the the board is defective.

Also, regarding the repair shop, if I just left my laptop for them to diagnose, is there possibility that they will replace genuine parts with "fake" ones? I never dealt with a repair shop before so I don't know if they are reliable?
Punch Card
fredhdx

Little Exciting Update

[ Edited ]

A little update

After 3 days drying I somehow got my laptop started for 2 times. It's a little weird, the thing I did.

I plug in the power cord, and the battery. (the battery doesn't matter since it was empty and the charging is working, i am sure). The touchpad chip or whatever installed on the plastic top was connected. The keyboard was connected. I tried to power on the laptop. SInce there was no response I detached the keyboard and accidentally detached the touchpad connection (it was loose). Then the laptop suddenly started. I was able to get into system and everything worked just fine. 

I turned off the computer and tried to "swipe" turn on it again, using the toucpad connection (cable, gold finger or whatever). It worked two more times and no longer worked. Once the laptop started, it was stable and a warning appeared on the boot up saying the sticky keyboard, which I then detached to allow boot up.

This situation is close to one I read online that you can use the tip of a multimeter to swipe quickly over a particular part of gold finger on motherboard to power on the computer if you don't have a keyboard.

My conclusion is that the motherboard might be still working, just needs to be cleaned or the power circuit needed to be fixed.  I still don't know why it booted up like this and what exactly was wrong with the entire system. But it gave me much confidence! 

Again, THANK YOU for all folks helping here. I really appreciate your advices!!

Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

Re: Little Exciting Update

Lovely...

:smileyhappy:

Thanks for coming back to let us know your issue was solved dearie :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
fredhdx

Its hard to say its solved. Just worked frew times and remained silent again
Bit Torrent
tripplec

If I am reading correctly it sounds like he keyboard is fouled up under the keys. I don't believe they can be cleaned but you've nothing to loose if thats the case. Remove and try flushing it with warm water and later with alcohol (Isoproponol), the spelling is likely not right but availabe at drug store. You can pickup a USB keyboard in the interim and plug it in and see how it works. Leave the battery out entirely allowing all adapter power availble to run the unit to test it. I would run the Lenovo diagnostics to see where you stand. Some basic cleaning of the soiled areas you got access to before might help. Quick drying with a hair drier can be used but NOT ON HOT!! Good luck once done you'll have earned a drink away for the unit. Cheers
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Punch Card
sumeet0000

I still feel that ur lapy is not fully dry.

Mine drunk a whole budweiser :smileyvery-happy:!! still working with some hiccups 

let it dry with RICE (leave rice in handkerchief on top of MB) one day more.

Punch Card
fredhdx

Thanks!

Did rice work well? I am just afraid it get inside the mother board and cause other problems.

I am afraid I could not handle achohol well to clean the motherboard so I decide just open it and let it dry for several more days to see if it works.

Punch Card
fredhdx

That sounds good. I probably need to replace the keyboard anyway, it is stinky.

The laptop just power up occasionally when I swipe the slot for the touchpad with the connection cable but it did not power up now...

I will let it dry for more times. It cannot catch up with my work this week anyway...

Thank you for your advice!