Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Giogirotto
Accepted Solution

WWAN READY?

[ Edited ]

Hi I have just buy a new T400 model type 64731 3G serial ******, from a Lenovo Dealer, after I bught (from their suggest) a 3G broadband internal modem for Vodafone (that they already mounted in other T400)

My computer don't reconize at all the new hardware!!

The dealer don't know why, they told me maybe the mother board defected. As the T400 is still in warranty I can ask them to change, but reading in this forum I think that this is not the problem.

Is someone can explain me me if my T400 can mount this modem?

Moderator edit: Masked serial number for member's protection.

Message Edited by bananaman on 07-09-2009 09:07 AM
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: WWAN READY?

Hi Giogirotto, can you confirm the model type please. 6473-13G doesn't show up on the support site (yet).

Irrespective of the exact model type, if you found the red and blue antenna wires awaiting connection inside your T400, it is a WWAN upgradeable model.

Do you see the WWAN card when you Fn-F5?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
Giogirotto

Hi Bananaman,

I confirm that my model is 6473 13G it is brand new! When I open to mount the the modem it is correct there two small cable (you wrote antenne) one red and one blu, to attach over the card when mounted in the slot.

Regarding the Fn F5, no it isnt show the WWAN card.

thanks

Community SuperMod
bananaman

OK. For the WWAN card to power on you need the ACPI Power Management Driver and Hotkeys correctly installed. The Lenovo System Interface Driver may also be required. They are here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-72858

Don't forget the install is a two-step process, extract the files then follow the instructions to complete the install.

Hopefully after updating these, the WWAN card will appear when you Fn-F5.

Fanfold Paper
Giogirotto

Ok next monday I will try, as I already send bach the modem to my dealer, but some question:

1. I have to install ACPI Power Managent Driver, then Hotkeys and then Lenovo sistem Interface Driver?

2. Or I have to try one forst then if not working the second and if not again the third?

3. If I have the antenna (the red and blu cable) this means that is upgradeble or ready?

4. Is not possible that as is a brand new, that my TP T400 already have some of this software? How can I determinate, before installing all of them (that maybe are older version than mine)

Sorry for ascking all this things, but it is my first time I involve in this matter.

Bye

Community SuperMod
bananaman

I would install Lenovo System Interface Driver first, then ACPI Power Management, then Hotkeys, but I'm not sure whether it matters.

Your brand new T400 will have some version of all of this software pre installed. The WWAN card "should" be detected once it is installed. When it isn't, the first thing to do is make sure the drivers are up to date and properly installed.

If the drivers are properly installed and the WWAN card is correctly inserted, and it still doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem which will be fixed under warranty.

Yes your system is WWAN upgradeable. The red and blue wires indicate that you have the antenna already installed in the lid.

And lastly, just checkin :smileyhappy:: The Wireless radio switch on the front of the T400 is in the on position, correct?

Fanfold Paper
Giogirotto

Perfect works ! Thanks