Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
zlad

Warranty upgrade on Thinkpad T410

Hi!

I live in Hungary. I have a Thinkpad T410 it's still under warranty. I bought it from a guy who got it from another guy who works for an major IT company. (The company got some Thinkpad for free from Lenovo because they are relatively big costumers and the guy bought them for cheap money. Maybe it's a bit illegal but it was a very good deal.) In Hungary the Lenovo service (formal IBM service) do the repairs without warranty papers they're just checking the serial number so I can live with my warranty without the warranty papers/bills. Now I'd like to extend my warranty from 3 years to 4 and here comes the question: will I can do it without warranty papers? My girlfriend has an SL 510 (from legal source) and when I bought her a warranty extension lenovo doesn't need from any warranty papers from her. It was a simple thing but what about in this case with my T410? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance and sorry for my possible wrong English.

(z)

Broadband 3G
JDay

Re: Warranty upgrade on Thinkpad T410

Since the machine is under warranty you can simply buy a warranty extension. The warranty follows the machine and is transferable in the event the machine is sold.