Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
jashim

What generation of ExpressCard is the T420? is it gen 2?

I have a ViDock on my current lebnovo laptop (W500) connected via ExpressCard.  the performance is limited due to the speeds of ExpressCard 1.0.  I will soon be getting a T420 and was wondering what generation of ExpressCard it is as I hope it is 2.0 to provide better performance.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jashim

Re: What generation of ExpressCard is the T420? is it gen 2?

Anyone have an answer here??

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Hi

The T 420 System is comming with  Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset . Which supports PCI Express* 2.0 interface

You may refer the below link  for more details

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/performance-chipsets/mobile-chipset-qm67.html

Hope This Helps

Cheers

Bit Torrent
tripplec

That info is very good. I was wonder although the data rate for the 2.0 spec is not there. I was wondering if I will need it later on since USB 3.0 was ommitted from my T520 and that chipset doesn't support it. Hmmm

I wonder if the SATA 6GB interface is implement here or not internally. It mentions that eSATA is 3GB interface and with my i7  T520 system I/O is everything.

Its interesting also the Wireless LAN does not list the Intel 1x1 PCI Express half mini card supported it. I view that as important since this WiFi card has been a problems from day 1. WiFi connections on 11g are 48 -24Mbps and never 54 unless I am literally beside the router. It occasionally drops but reconnects quickly (I get the bleep when that happens).

I've kept the Bluetooth 3.0 off since it appears to slow down internet loading a lot regardless of connection speed. I've used it once officially to transfer files off my Palm Treo PDA and boy or boy did that take a long time.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3