Support in other languages: 
rzt
Paper Tape
rzt

Re: Wireless turns off on my T410

The issue persists even after i uninstalled the pro wireless tool. OMG. I found it happens more frequently when i was streaming video, like youtube.

What's DOS?
c1utch

I was having the same problem as the original poster. I followed the advice to uninstall the Intel Wireless driver, and it completely killed my wireless connection!

I am now typing this from an ethernet internet connection, because your recommendation killed my wireless connection even after rebooting.

I am now trying to find the driver online to re-download it and get my internet working again.

Punch Card
ziggyboy

It shouldn't kill it. Your wireless should be controlled by Windows and not the Intel software.

Paper Tape
nxcapture001

i also have the same problem.  

Its hopeless searching for fixes.  lenovo sent their service guys down to replace the wireless card, but the problem still exist.  

I have no more ideas how to resolve this issue.  any suggest to fix this, as this is really a serious problem.  no wireless is as good as owning a **bleep**ty piece of plastic and metal.

Paper Tape
nxcapture001

[ Edited ]

guys... I was trying out few option of disable option.

I tried to disable this virtual pc option.

Can some bros try this see whether it works?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8673/wirelessuw.jpg

Moderator edit: Converted in-line image to a link. Please keep in-line images to less than 50k in size, per the Community Rules.

What's DOS?
chucheng

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue, and uninstalling the IntelProSet driver does not help.

Here is my solution, and it seems work so far.

(1) Open access connection, and go to the global seeting. Unchecked the "automatically turn-off" option.

(2) Open device manager --> Network Adapters -> Your wireless adapter.

Right Click it and then open the properties --> Power managerment --> Uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the wireless.

It seems work now.

Serial Port
manuv

A detailed write up regarding this problem is posted in mydigitallife...

You could access them here..

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/06/16/fix-thinkpad-wireless-adapter-radio-turns-off-randomly-issu...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/06/16/disable-thinkpad-wireless-or-wi-fi-auto-turn-off-when-inact...

Hope these solve your problems...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo Thinkpad T500 2081 CTO |2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo T9600|256 MB GDDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon 3650|Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300|Seagate Momentus 320GB 7200 RPM|4GB DDR3-1066|Windows 7 Professional 64|
Fanfold Paper
tofu

After I uninstall the IntelProSet driver and adjust the power management option, my wireless still turns off in the middle of work.  But this time, I can turn it back on after "change adapter setting". 

Hope Lenovo can solve the problem.

Paper Tape
nxcapture001

I found a solution

I just downgraded the driver to 13.0.0.107.  No more disconnection

What's DOS?
hangstermonster

I have a similar issue with my Wireless Connection.

I have the T410 with 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter.  The issue is whenever I put my laptop to sleep for a long period of time, the WLAN light doesn't show and can't connect to internet.

Under Device Manager, I discovered that both 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter are missing from Network Adapters category and instead, I see a Network Controller with a question mark besides it.

The only way I can re-enable the WiFi is by restarting.  Anyone have this issue?