Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
bostjanv
Accepted Solution

can't get T500 to display on external monitor

Hello,
I am running Windows 7 on a ThinkPad T500 (type 2082.BSG), and I am encountering problems after recently updating my display software from the Lenovo site (reading the list of installed software, I think the software installation that is causing the problem is "ThinkPad Video Features[AMD Switchable Graphics(M8x)] for Windows 7 [32/64bit], version 8.752.4-101022a-107489C-Lenovo). Before the update my computer correctly guessed which display was active (laptop screen or external monitor), and used the active display. For example, when the laptop was docked and the cover closed it used the external monitor. After the update when the laptop is docked and the cover is closed, I cannot get it to display on the external monitor. I must open the cover and use Fn+F7 to obtain the display on the external monitor. Can someone please tell me which settings I must use to obtain the old behavior.

Regards,

bostjanv

Punch Card
bostjanv

Re: can't get T500 to display on external monitor

The previous is an old post, but since there was no reply, and I recently solved the problem, I am writing in case someone else runs into the same problem.

After encountering the problem I reverted to the factory default driver (which did not exhibit the problem). However, lately I received another message from Lenovo to the effect that it is recommended to install "Thinkpad Video Features(AMD Switchable Graphics...)...". I installed the software, but the problem described in my original post reappeared. However, this time the (AMD) software had an option "driver update", and my video hardware was correctly recognized, and the correct driver was downloaded from the AMD site, after which the problem described in my original post disappeared.

Regards,

bostjanv