Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
gaoyangyuanlong

need help, Is there anyone konws how to repair the thinkpad t500 in Canada? I am desperated now.

Hello Everyone,

I have a t500 laptop, the warranty will continue to 2011. This summer the screen has some problem. There is a straight bright green horizontal line still on the very top of the LCD screen. Sometimes the screen is flickering, too. I tried using external LCD and the external LCD has no problem. 

I realized the screen of my ThinkPad should be repaired.

I found the IBM is Lenovo’s Service Provider on Lenovo Canada website and called 1-800-426-7378 (800-IBM-SERV). Sadly, a guy has strong accent talked with me and told me they will send me a box and put my laptop in it and return it except the battery and the power adapter, but till now I didn't get the box and I am confused about the accent .

I tried another way to contract with IBM; I use the Electronic Service Call this time and I set the request severity on 3 ( 1(high) to 4(low) ). It was almost 11pm at that day and then went bed and slept. What makes me unbelievable is that they called me around 11:30pm at that night. I may not hear the phone since I already dreamed at that time.  I can sign in the Electronic Service Call system and the Service request detail shows to me they cancelled my request because no one received the call at that time.

I am sad and don’t know why they will call me at that time. I need help to know how to repair my laptop and please make me out

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,277

Re: need help, Is there anyone konws how to repair the thinkpad t500 in Canada? I am desperated now.

call up Lenovo service again during working hour, and if you can't understand accent of the person you are talking to, then politely say good bye and call up again. There bound to be someone you can actually understand.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft