Support in other languages: 
RXS
Paper Tape
RXS

Re: t410s vertical band in my LCD

I too have the same issue on a Thinkpad T410s 2901-CTO. It has both a NVIDIA discrete and Intel integrated graphics card. I put the laptop to sleep in the night and the next morning the band appears all of a sudden. I called Lenovo today and they are sending me a shipment box. I have been given a turn around time of 1-3 business days, so lets see. Good Thinkpad, but bad display design. On the other hand my 5 year old T43 is still rocking (better resolution 1400x1050 and form factor) and can show me what I am typing, every pixel!

Punch Card
rsannie

[ Edited ]

I'm just curious as to what would be the cause of this malfunction?  Is it the manufactured LCD (that came out on certain dates?)  or just the way the user normally handles the laptop?

The hardware maintenance manual (pg 137 or pg145 of PDF file) says not to put pressure on the base of the LCD (because of the PCB that's there).  But if you close the laptop, then hold the laptop like a notebook at the base of the LCD (in between the hinges), that would apply pressure on that site.  When I closed my laptop and tried to hold it there, I could definitely the base of my LCD screen bending...

Blue Screen Again
yianni127

Lenovo came to my work place to fix my laptop...........

Day 1 - Replaced LCD Screen and LCD cable. Same problem again, vertical band. I was told then that the Motherboard needed to be changed (very strange)

Day 2 - Replaced LCD Screen again and the Motherboard. This time NO power. Motherboard was stuffed. So much for QA in Lenovo factory

Day 3 (today) - Replaced Motheboard...Finally it works. So far so good. Although it is only 8 hrs old at the moment

T400S 2801CTO Win 7 Pro 64 8GB

"Intel inside...Mental outside"
RXS
Paper Tape
RXS

[ Edited ]

They replaced the LCD in my T410s and so far so good. Called Lenovo on Monday, recieved a shipment box on Tuesday, sent by UPS overnight to Memphis, repaired on Wednesday and rcvd today. Hope it does not need further Lenovo visits.

Punch Card
aseer

They swapped my LCD as well and so far so good.  (though it has only been a few days)  Hoping whatever underlying defect caused this is addressed.

(though if someone else needed their motherboard swapped then I am wondering how well the problem is understood and under control)

We'll see.  

Punch Card
trekuhl

got 2 out of 15 laptops recently purchased exhibiting this same symptom. both going in for service ASAP. funny how the tech was like, oh ive not seen this, but issued the box ASAP without any dorking of drivers/bios, etc. 

------
trekuhl
Punch Card
67GTV

Egad!  We are rolling out 23 new ThinkPads (five T410, fifteen T410s and four T510) and one T410 had a "white screen" issue (LCD replaced) and now one of our T410s' has a vertical white stripe.  I don't have enough fingers to keep crossed!

Blue Screen Again
yianni127

1 week and the screen is still OK. Funny how the post keeps going with screen problems...hmmmm

T400S 2801CTO Win 7 Pro 64 8GB

"Intel inside...Mental outside"
Punch Card
trekuhl

got the system back, but the panel has a hue to it. i had this issue on initial lot of machines came in 3 had this. the whites are sorts of greenish and darks not crisp. so now have to RMA again to get a decent screen.
------
trekuhl
Paper Tape
eiNiex5p

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. Lets see how well their on-site repair service works.