Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
konort

t510 dual external monitors without docking station

Hi, didn't find this one in google or at this forum...

can I connect 2 external monitors with resolution 1600X900 to t510 without any docking station? (one to the VGA and the other to the HDMI port). do I need the Nvidia m3100 or some other graphic card to support this? or the internal intel cpu graphic card can handle this? 

same question above about 3 external monitors...

Blue Screen Again
gdi2k

Re: t510 dual external monitors without docking station

Yes you should be able to - the docking stations don't add anything in terms of processing power, they only provide more outputs.

2 simultaneous outputs is your maximum though - only Nvidia Optimus-enabled ThinkPads can support more from what I understand.

How to do it in Windows 7 is here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Move-windows-between-multiple-monitors

Blue Screen Again
gdi2k

If you want a third (or more) monitor, you can get USB-to-DVI converters - Lenovo sells this one for example. Note that monitors driven by these will be fine for office apps, but will become jerky when playing full screen videos or games on them.

What's DOS?
konort

Thank you for your answer guys!

Blue Screen Again
hovermike

I've got a T510 with the Optimus graphics (4313CTO), one monitor connected to VGA, the other connected to the DisplayPort.  According to this: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-76617.html

I should be able to connect two external monitors, but it only allows on active external monitor at-a-time.  Is that support site inaccurate?  I would assume having to video cards would allow two external monitors, but this seems to be an issue for this laptop.

Best Regards,

Mike