Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
kz205

thinkvantage button not working at startup

When I press the Thinkvantage button during startup, I am taken to the setup page for BIOS things rather than the recovery mode.

What I did previously was to use disk manager in vista to create a partition and install ubuntu. However, I left both service partitions(the S and Q drives by default) untouched and I can still see that these exist in Computer.

Is there any way that I can access the recovery mode now to reformat and install the original factory software and settings?

Punch Card
hatbrox

Re: thinkvantage button not working at startup

same problem with when I reinstall windows XP after splitting the C drive into 2 partitions.

but I don't care, I don't think I'll ever need this anyway. I only needed this tool 3 times in 7 years of thinkpad usage.

If you really need it one day, use the CD, it's the same.

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

kz205, welcome to the forum,

my guess is that there have been changes made to the mbr causing the button not to work. You could try using the R&R repair diskette to get it working again.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
kz205

The problem is that lenovo puts all the recovery stuff inside the laptop itself on a separate partition. They don't supply any recovery disks.
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

On the page I linked to you can download files which will enable you to create a bootable floppy. If you don't have a floppy drive, try borrowing one.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Maliha